Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 29-04-2003 , 11:02 PM

More from Victor the police van and Paul the Police car

Hiya user added image
Finally got some more done on my animation.
Victor is the top car, Paul is the middle car, and the bottom car is just a generic car. The bottom pictures are my scene...
what do you think? (especially of the textures)
thanks user added image

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
# 2 29-04-2003 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
Hey, this looks awesome! Just one thing though, your city is great and colorful.. but your cars are not.. i suggest sliding up the diffuse bar on your shaders options. Also, the grey on the car should be a nice bashe like the color of ones skin user added image. Great though, lets see one of those cars on the road user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 3 01-05-2003 , 08:10 AM
Kevin
havnt seen this one before but it looks fun!

keep us posted mate! nice work

# 4 01-05-2003 , 09:52 AM
the city is funny but the cars look like convicts :O

# 5 01-05-2003 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
yah the cars need some skintone( the blush just looks WRONG on grey!!), and they do look quite unhappy, although that may just be they're default pose. I really like this one project.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 6 01-05-2003 , 09:11 PM
oooohh! you really think i should do them more human skin colours? I was going for a ' Thomas the tank engine ' look, as some characters like Jay Jay the jet plane look slightly freaky with human skin colours!!

eek i hope they don't look like convicts, they're ment to be police cars, but maybe it's because they've been hanging around with too many unsavoury types. ;-)
!
Anyway here's the blend shapes i done so far for Victor and the scene properly lit (the animations set in the late afternoon around 5 ish)

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
# 7 01-05-2003 , 09:12 PM
and the scene

# 8 02-05-2003 , 03:21 PM
Slightly improved blend shapes user added image
Any comments?

# 9 03-05-2003 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber
very very nice !!I like it a lot ..just waiting for more

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 10 04-05-2003 , 10:29 PM
Hiya user added image
Got a pic of the cars in the scene. Any crits/comments?

# 11 04-05-2003 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
Hmmm, they're skin looks alot better in the scene, too grey b4. I just observed that the blush (rosy cheeks) looked odd on the grey, but it seems okay in scene. Getting closer on the facial expression, wish i could help ya with some suggestions, but i know nuthing about blend shapes......yet.

This is for still or animation? Either way i'll keep following this, as it is interesting, and I want to see how it turns out!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 12 04-05-2003 , 11:26 PM
Hiya user added image
yeah i was having trouble with the skin, but in my concept sketches a human skin colour looked wronger on cars than the grey! Maybe i should experiment some more
It's for an animation for 5 - 7 year olds - suposed to be finished (and rendered) by next friday for a uni project, but happily I now only have to do a trailer for it by then. user added image

# 13 25-05-2003 , 09:10 PM

Trailer

Hello!
Havn't posted for a long time - I finished the 'trailer' for my animation, which contains scenes from what will be the final animation. (i know it's crazy, but i did the trailer before the finished animation!! - due to uni deadlines :p)
Anyway please let me know what you think!!
Esp. about the animation.

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/belbomuggins/index.html

The narration for the animation is also on the site as well as the storyboards user added image
Thanks in advance for comments !

# 14 26-05-2003 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
i know it is for 5-7 year olds. but even they care for good face animation. they might not care for much else. i think you should spend more verts in the mouth area or smooth the car some more.

great animation otherwise in the trailer user added image

# 15 27-05-2003 , 12:26 PM
Subscriber
hehe bel looking good...nice and bright and colourful. Im going to have a look at ur trailer a little later today.

With regard to the skin tone...I agree with u about the use of a human skin tone, its doesnt seem appropriate. Maybe u should actually use white. I can see where u r coming from with the grey, what with Thomas the Tank Engine etc, but i dont think its quite inkeeping with the flare of the whole piece.

Good start with the blendshapes - u got the facial expressions right

Anyway...Im pleasantly suprised with ur work. Looks great!