Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-07-2003 , 01:16 PM

minimum zoom distance

Is there a way to reduce the minimum distance you can zoom into an object?

Since I have been working on a lot of detail lately I have wanted to get as close to objects as I can. As I zoom in very close the object cuts away (I see a cross section). I know that eventually this would happen when you pass through the object but it seems to be happening far to soon.

I have also noticed that I can get much closer to objects in an orthogonal view as compared to the perspective view.

Are there preferences I can adjust somewhere so my perspective can zoom in closer? I have tried looking around but have come up empty. Thank you.

# 2 23-07-2003 , 01:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
in your camera's attributes is the Near and Far Clip Plane. By default, the Near Clip Plane is set to .100 units. You can input .001 if you want.

# 3 23-07-2003 , 03:33 PM
Thank you very much for the quick help.