Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-11-2003 , 01:44 AM

Nov/Dec - Character - Sci-fi - Orgee - Norm

Hey guys. Ive been trying to think of what to make. I originally was gonna make 2 but im just gonna do 1. Ive wanted to make this when I first saw LOTR TT, and i just rememberd today, so now im working on a sketch for it. Anyway, here is what im gonna do:

It is going to be a science fiction ala starcraft/starwars Elf.

Yes I know weve seen way too many elves, but I havent seen myself make one, better yet one based on LOTR so here i go user added image

Concepts tonight!

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 2 02-11-2003 , 09:14 PM
Man this is harder than i thought..Many ideas keep coming to my head and it bothers me ahhhhh.. see now im thinking this:

1) Iron Chef Smeagol - "Whats taiters precious!?!? What taiters eh!?"
2) Sci-Fi/Starcraft type Elf
3) Doom3/Quake4 Uruk-hai

i have lotsa drawings and ahhh what should i do or pick!?

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 3 02-11-2003 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
oooooo I like number 1. I can easily invision what that might look like in 3D. Of course, you should do what you think is best. lol

# 4 03-11-2003 , 04:01 PM
Vampus
ohhh, Smeagol as the Swedish chef off of the muppets :p

# 5 03-11-2003 , 07:18 PM
Yes guys, I finally picked Iron Chef Smeagol..I already started the modeling, head is almost done..I think I will get stuck at the ears part but ill handle that today.

Also I think the thing thats gonna slow me down a bit are the blendshapes and muscles/bones/deformations and whatnot to pose the guy..Later on ill be asking for lots of help on this! So bare with me.

Ill post screenies in a bit

Oh and I hope Mike changes my header instead of Sci-Fi into Modern or whatever an Iron Chef is user added image

Last edited by orgeeizm; 03-11-2003 at 07:23 PM.
# 6 13-11-2003 , 02:04 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea, I will be wathing your progress user added image

# 7 13-11-2003 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
I'm looking forward to see your pics!