Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 46 04-12-2010 , 03:57 AM
Facebook is ideal for keeping in touch with people whom you do not wish to call.

That makes it worth it.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 47 04-12-2010 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber

Facebook is ideal for keeping in touch with people whom you do not wish to call.

That makes it worth it.

Code:
    _
  ( ((
   \ =\
  __\_ ` -\ 
 (____)) (  \----           LIKE
 (____))  _  
 (____))
 (____)) ____/----

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 04-12-2010 at 04:29 AM.
# 48 04-12-2010 , 10:44 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL I like that.

Keep in touch with those you dont wish to call - so use an an email instead anyway

LOL

Jay

# 49 04-12-2010 , 03:32 PM
I personally have not used facebook or twitter. I have a friend that swears by them, well at least twitter. I still have not found either facebook or twitter useful for myself.

I have tried and found the rss feed stuff to have potential as I can watch it in my sidebar and see when new interesting things pop up in the various sections of a sites I like to follow. But for the most part I just check my email for updates on specific threads I am following.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 50 06-12-2010 , 11:30 PM
SM Tea Boy
Well we now have social bookmark icon thingys at the top of threads. Seems a pretty unobtrusive place to put it.

For thous of your that find it useful enjoy.

Funny thing is when i did a google search for simplymaya facebook (yes i lost the page) the other day the first thing that popped up was "Simply Maya User Community - Whats the #$%#% point of Facebook"

Not a great start to my finding work as a facebook marketing consultant I think user added image

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 51 06-12-2010 , 11:53 PM
Subscriber
proves this thread is more popular than the simply maya facebook pageuser added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 52 07-12-2010 , 12:05 AM
Well, yes; considering how many people here seem to abhor facebook entirely, haha.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 53 07-12-2010 , 06:04 PM
Administrator
Just want to say thanks guys, since I put the share button things on forum. This post has been shared on facebook 8 times. No other posts, just this one lol. Jays post on a day at the studio would have been a great thing to share, a very interesting read.

But no, instead my mad rantings get inflicted on the world just what facebook needs another loony on a soapbox user added image

Dave user added image

--EDIT--

Logged in on the wrong machine lol

Dave

# 54 07-12-2010 , 06:56 PM
The thin red line
Let me get this right, the only post to be shared on facebook is about facebook???? LOL dave

# 55 07-12-2010 , 08:18 PM
EduSciVis-er
Haha... NillaDave... I think what facebook needs is a bit more "hey look guys, this site has no point".
Keep up the sharing user added image

# 56 07-12-2010 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
i wonder who's been sharing

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 57 07-12-2010 , 09:24 PM
Lifetime Member
I share with FB friends...dont think any of them understand 3D art...they are too busy complaing about each other...telling me what they had for lunch...if they have just farted...who is screwing who..Farmville..aaaarrrrrrrrrr jeez I hate those apps...If they put in as much effort into life as they did farmville...they would have better lives LOL.

Wrong machine..sure David...bahahahauser added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes