Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-03-2004 , 03:43 PM
Subscriber

Hello there :)

Hi, well im kindda new to this forum and to maya. I was wondering if you guys knew like good sites with very helpful stuff to get started.
I wish i knew enough to have entered the march/april contest, but im kindda newb-ish :p
I have been using maya for a few months, but i find myself not really getting a good graps of it.
I did this ONE tutorial which was not a complete success but it was a start.
here is the link in case anyone is curious.
https://bellsouthpwp.net/D/a/DanaScully/Maya%20Stuff/

the vid isnt rendered cuz i didnt know how to do it.
I stopped using maya for a couple of months because of school and wahtnot, but since i have my maya classes starting next fall i figured i wanted to get a head start user added image
Thanks a lot guys user added image (and fellow gals user added image)

# 2 26-03-2004 , 04:27 PM
Kevin

Re: Hello there :)

Originally posted by DanaScully
Hi, well im kindda new to this forum and to maya. I was wondering if you guys knew like good sites with very helpful stuff to get started.

you have just found it!

try our free video tutorial to get a little grip on things and see how you go

and welcome to sm

# 3 26-03-2004 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber
thanks dude :-D
Any advice on which one to start on first?

# 4 26-03-2004 , 05:24 PM
Kevin

# 5 26-03-2004 , 05:32 PM
Subscriber
bleh, i dont have any points to download it at the moment. I shall have to wait for my payday in about another week :-/ Thanks though. I'll be checking those freebies for now user added image

# 6 26-03-2004 , 05:40 PM
Kevin