Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-08-2004 , 12:03 AM

2nd car project

Yet another TT, But For my 2nd car I thought it would be a challenge.
Ran into a lot of problems when trying to stitch the two halves together, made seams in the middle. Most visible in the back and roof. Still not sure what kind of light to use for the headlights. I also had a hard time creating clean smooth nurb surfaces. And the trims and surface fillets really slowed things down for me.
Any comments, suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

You know you spend to much time in Maya, when you try to Tumble in your browser. :-)
# 2 29-08-2004 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber
The car paint looks a little grainy.
Gr8 work tho.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 29-08-2004 , 01:56 PM
yeah i think it's done like that for a reason, with metallic chips and all. but it is a bit over the top... looking sweet tho

# 4 31-08-2004 , 05:15 PM
it is a lot of grain, I downloaded the shader(CarMetallic Paint v2.0[RayTrace fix] from, Higend3d.com/maya/shaders/ posted by KaraMurat. Unitill today i didn't figure out how to decrease the grain. The Layared Sharder has a granite texture piped into the specular.Color of the 2nd blinn shader.
I figured out that decreasing the density attr. would lesson the (Metallic chip) look, But not enough to get it, not to look like grain. When set to 0, all grain is gone. But this defeats the purpose of even having the granite tex.

The end result was to just delete the granite tex, unitl i can figure out how to simulate Metallic chips.

here is the result without the granite tex.

Attached Thumbnails

You know you spend to much time in Maya, when you try to Tumble in your browser. :-)

Last edited by rmajchrz; 31-08-2004 at 05:39 PM.
# 5 31-08-2004 , 05:35 PM
But as you can see, i lose the clear coat type finish. This is confusing because the the granite tex. dosen't appear to have any such attr. as spec.Color or something else that would give the paint that shiney look.

Thats it i'm going to go tumble in my browser.

Last edited by rmajchrz; 31-08-2004 at 05:38 PM.
# 6 02-09-2004 , 06:13 PM
Here's the back, I decided to use file texture maps for the back lights. what do you think.

updated

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by rmajchrz; 05-11-2004 at 12:47 AM.