Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-11-2005 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber

character riging

Hi

I was jus going through Michael Mckinleys riging tutorial and there was one thing I just culdint get right and I dont know wat I´m doing wrong.
It´s about the pull vector on the knes, it dosen´t just shift the knees to the sides, it turns the whole leg.

# 2 14-11-2005 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
I ment to put a picture with that to but it didn work, lets try again

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 15-11-2005 , 07:04 PM
I think the reason it moves the whole leg is because you haven't finished the foot rig. You have 2 IKs set up on each foot but they won't do you much good unless you connect them to something like a reverse foot rig. There are lots of tutes on reverse foot rigs if you look around. Once you set it up, the foot won't rotate when the rest of the leg does.

Here is a link to a rig video that I did. If you look, you will see that I rotate the pole vector and it causes the knee to move but not the foot.

rig video

Hang in there. It gets easier as you learn more :attn:

# 4 16-11-2005 , 05:00 PM
Subscriber
Ok thanks for the advice
Although I dont under stand that I watched Michael do the same thing and it workt for him.
Any way, I´ll try that reverse foot rig and see if that helps me

Cool rig you got in that video, it seems so easy to control

# 5 16-11-2005 , 06:43 PM
I think there's an attribute for IKs called Sticky or something like that. If I remember correctly, it helps keep IK joints in place unless you choose to move them.

# 6 17-11-2005 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, thats exactly wat I was looking for

Thanks
user added image