Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-08-2006 , 01:29 AM

Struggling with PSD Networks

Hey,

I have just finished modelling my boxer dog and she looks great but I am wanting to apply a texture using PSD Networks. I am highly experienced in photoshop and pretty good at modeling but when it comes to combining the two using UV mapping I am struggling immencely.

So far I've tried selecting the image, Polygon UVs - Layout UV's, then copying them to an empty set. After that I view the UV layout in Windows - UV Texture Editor. I then go to Image - Create PSD Networks and at the bottom the Attributes Selection section is blank and it wont let me create a PSD file without them.

If i dont do the Layout UV's section it will let me make a PSD file fine, but it will only be very simple from one side of the dog, not including the extra separate sections of round the legs and on the top of the back.

I have completly guessed so far as to how to do this so any help or an alternate method is very welcome. I am wanting a detailed layout of my UV's that I can texture over in photoshop.

Thanks in advance,

Rob