Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-07-2006 , 03:29 AM
# 2 09-07-2006 , 07:47 AM
none?

# 3 09-07-2006 , 11:21 AM
It looks really good cptgame - I particularly like lego batman - I just might put the film work at the start of the demo reel and the still shots at the end - as a rule i think it's good to put the better work up front.

Good stuff!user added image

# 4 09-07-2006 , 04:39 PM
Subscriber
i agree with arran but also u dont want to end on a crap note (not that its crap:headbanguser added image but it should have an ending to remember an i dont think the stills would cater for this

also with the lego batman - its fine to include if u were commissioned to make this but if i was an employer i would be looking for some original ideas an characters - just a thought though

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 5 13-09-2006 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber
hahaha i love it, expecially the batman part where he pushes the 2 bad guys into the jail ehehe..... great work cptgame :attn:

# 6 28-09-2006 , 11:49 PM
Overall, this is a good demo reel. However, you may want to liven up the first couple of scenes in your reel. Your artwork is very good, but I've literally seen people stop reels halfway and ignore the rest because they weren't interesting. Try keeping the reel watcher getting more and more. And don't save the best exactly last.

Try to put some of your best first to keep the reel watcher's interest. It would suck if they never saw your best because the movie was too long or somethin. Also, they may not like Superman, so try choosing a song anyone would like. (Found that out the hard way....).

Go to https://pixar.com for a good faq on how to do a good demo reel.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman

Last edited by AnthonyCg; 28-09-2006 at 11:58 PM.
# 7 03-10-2006 , 12:22 AM
I totally agree with the other guys here, you'd be better off putting the animation at the beginning of the reel and adding the stills afterwards. Also you state that you are looking for a job as a modeller, texturer and UV mapper. I've read that when looking for people in those positions, employers want to see wires of the models to check the topology. I'd suggest some simple turnarounds of some of your models switching from a wire to an untextured view to the final textured version. It would also be a good idea to show the texture maps as seperate images and the UV maps to show how cleanly you unwrapped the model.

You have some good content on there, I really like the lego pirate character, really characteristic face. Anyway good luck with the job hunt, i'm in the same position myself