Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-10-2006 , 12:49 AM

out of context marking menu's!

This has been happening for many months (actually, since i started using maya) -

Shift + rmb marking menus will seemingly randomly loose context. Ie, I will use the rmb marking menu to go to object mode, and the shift +rmb menu will still show as if maya is in vertex mode, or edge mode, or whatever mode I was in last. It seems to be a frequent problem.

has anyone else experienced this?

How might I stop it from hapening?

Any ideas as to a work arround? A script that will reset all marking menus perhapses?? - currently I have to restart maya! (or switch repeatedly between contexts untill it starts to work properly).

Note: I have used multiple PC's, and have reinstalled maya multiple times but this has always been a problem.

Thank you in advance!!

# 2 04-11-2006 , 09:47 PM
Surely this must be happening to someone else too??? Or do very few people use marking menu's???

# 3 04-11-2006 , 10:03 PM
The Maya Mountain
can't say I've experienced this, but I don't use the marking menus all that extensively