Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-12-2006 , 08:47 AM

Problems with the different views

Hi, i´m starting to use Maya and i got two major questions:

1. When im working with the perspective view i can use all the Transformation Tools without a problem, but when im using the other views (side, top or front) i can only use the Move Tool (or transform the object with the Channel Box). ¿Is there a setting o a preference menu for this?

2. When im working with textures and i open mi scene file sometimes and i can view the whole thing normally but sometimes the textures does not appear (or appear in the perspective view but don´t in the side, top or front views). When the render is done all is there. ¿What should i do?

Thanks

José Luis Angeli
# 2 10-12-2006 , 10:24 AM
If I understand your first question correct - you can only see the transform tools in the perspective view, right? I think that that may be a graphic card issue - though that's about all I know.

For the second problem you just need to press 6 in each of the view panels that you want to view textures.
user added image

# 3 10-12-2006 , 10:59 AM
his tools might also be too big... try using + or - to change the manipulator sizes...

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 11-12-2006 , 05:00 AM
My video card is a GeForce FX 5200, i have 768MB RAM and a Celeron running at 2.0 GHz. Thanks for your help!

José Luis Angeli
# 5 11-12-2006 , 05:08 AM
did you fix the problem?

# 6 11-12-2006 , 05:14 AM
And what version of Maya are you running?

Eric Tacti
3D Artist