Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-07-2007 , 09:45 AM

Animating to an Audio....

Hi, me again ;-)

1. how do i import audio into Maya (so it shows below the animation timeline) ?

2. how do I then Animate my Object to this audio ?

thanks

-A,

# 2 08-07-2007 , 10:01 AM
Banned
You can import audio by using the Trax-editor. Simply go to window -> animation editors -> Trax editor. Import a sound-file, and then right-click on your timeslider and select sound from the pop-up menu.

I'm not sure what you mean with question number two, but you can animate an object by setting keys on the object at different positions.

Hope it helps you user added image

- Sepo

# 3 08-07-2007 , 10:32 AM
hey cool beans ... user added image

thx man!

# 4 08-07-2007 , 11:00 AM
hey,...

tried the advice you gave,....but the sound isnt playing properly....

although i could import it,......it sounded completely distorted....

what am i doing wrong?

# 5 08-07-2007 , 12:31 PM
Banned
Hmmm, try to set the playback speed on your timeline to real-time, 25 fps. window -> Settings\Pref -> Preferences-> Timeline. If that doesn't work, I don't know why you're sound is distorted. user added image

Maybe you can try to change the audio file into .wav, pherhaps that is better.

- Sepo

# 6 08-07-2007 , 01:00 PM
hey Sepo,

thanks ,... it WAS the speed ...set it to real time (24 fps)...

now it works!

thanks!

# 7 08-07-2007 , 01:19 PM
i Will give ya my opinion ... I think is better to render you animation without sound then import it into some programs like Sony vegas or Ulead media and add the sound to the animation ... play with the sound to be perfect for the animation it will spend ya some time .. that's how i do my work user added image

# 8 08-07-2007 , 01:55 PM

Originally posted by ColdWave
i Will give ya my opinion ... I think is better to render you animation without sound then import it into some programs like Sony vegas or Ulead media and add the sound to the animation ... play with the sound to be perfect for the animation it will spend ya some time .. that's how i do my work user added image

thanks for the advice man!

however: whats the disadvantage of adding the sound in Maya..... ?

# 9 08-07-2007 , 03:47 PM

Originally posted by afrobeats
thanks for the advice man!

however: whats the disadvantage of adding the sound in Maya..... ?

I really don't know but i think it will be more difficult .. i never use it user added image because i find my way of adding music ... and really i can tell ya it's brilliant method for me ... user added image I can fix my music for 4-5 min ... in maya i really can't do that for that time user added image because i don't even know how ... but i find my way anyway ... :p