Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 09-10-2003 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
Top movie mate. I'd been looking for a cloth tutorial for quite a while and was delighted when I found yours.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 17 09-10-2003 , 12:15 PM
Kevin
glad you liked it mate and thx for the nice comments, im know for sure that kurt appreciates it a lot when people enjoy his tutorials.

# 18 09-10-2003 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber
Great stuff! Just finished the first tutorial, now I can make my bed in ..... Hmm depends on the cloth resolution?

Scraggy

Less than 10 seconds! user added image

# 19 10-10-2003 , 01:49 AM
Thanks for that free cloth tutorial.. it realy did open my eyes for that "plugin".. I thought this was much more hard than it realy is.. (I mean to get the basics of it)

Eggert

# 20 10-10-2003 , 01:57 AM
Glad you're all are enjoying it.. There will be a second part comming out that will show everyone how to make cloth buy turning a modeled peice of geomerty into a shirt.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 21 10-10-2003 , 04:23 AM
I'm pretty new to the site, and this is the first tut that I have downloaded, but I just want to say keep up the good work!

"The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions" Claude Levi-Strauss
# 22 10-10-2003 , 10:29 AM

thnx,thnx

really thnx guys,i was looking arround for a video tutorial like this one user added imagedoes anyone have a liveaction video ? user added image)

# 23 10-10-2003 , 01:03 PM
Its not like that.
I am lifetime member. I could download all vip tutorials but I prefer the free ones. I think the free movies are to learn stuff and the vip ones are to improove the learned. I never knew how to use cloth in maya. Now I will learn it. Thank you guys.

# 24 15-10-2003 , 04:15 PM

a little more about solver scale.

hi , this tutorial is cool, great for cloth starters, but a few things i would like to contribute. about the solver scale and the size of the character on grid. in maya help files i found the logic of handling such issues , its as follows... and it works

Scale the solver
If you are working in units smaller than real-world units, you can increase the Solver Scale attribute. This attribute lets you control the scale of the internal coordinate system of the solver.

When Solver Scale is set to 1.0 (the default), the solver coordinate system is the same as that used by Maya. When Solver Scale is set to 2.0, the solver coordinate system is two times larger than the one used by Maya.

For example, if your 3D character is 6 inches tall in the Maya workspace but you want the clothes to look and behave as if your character is 5 feet (60 inches) tall, you can set the solver scale to 10.

solver scale = desired size / Maya size

10 = 60" / 6"

The solver scale doesn't change the actual size of the cloth, it just makes the cloth behave as though it were a different size.

thanx again for a cool tutorial.... its a must for cloth beginners.
cheers

Zak
-------------------
Maya Lover
# 25 20-09-2005 , 05:55 PM

Maya cloth I need help!!!

First off, thanks for the tutorial.

I followed it through, but the results I am getting on my own character are very dissapointing and frustrating.

It seems that no matter what I try, I keep ending up with a shirt that looks likes crinkled paper. As well, it fits far snugger than I want it to. I have been pulling my hair out trying everything I can think of, but the results are the same.

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated. I may end up with a naked character at the rate I am going.

Thanks

Allen

# 26 20-09-2005 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
Thx for the vid! :attn:

# 27 21-09-2005 , 06:30 PM
*OLD*i loved it, only i dont use cloth, nor have the program to, i have PLE*OLD*
yay, cloth is so beautiful! user added image
Thanks guys!

Last edited by Joopson; 18-10-2006 at 09:33 AM.
# 28 23-09-2005 , 04:23 AM
Ta muchley!!!
I love freebies!!!
You guys rock!

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 29 24-09-2005 , 01:37 AM

Thank you

I just want to say thanks for this tutorial. It's insane trying to find any instruction online that works well. Especially FREE! For those who are interested in cloth Simply maya has at least one more tutorial and other then the Icabod tutorial from Alias (it's old, and came with Unlimited), Sybex publish a really good book called Maya: Secrets of the Pros. Check it out if it's your thing! Good hunting everyone! Thanks again for the freebees SM!

- Z -

# 30 25-09-2005 , 11:19 AM

Noce Tut

user added image Top tut...love it! Being new to this I greatly appreciate any help I can get!