Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-10-2003 , 11:23 AM

Having Problem with Bevel/curves please help!

When I try to bevel two curves using bevel plus, I recieve an error message saying: Error: Cannot convert data of type string to type int[]. if anyone has had this message appear and knows what to do or has any suggestions, then please let me know. Thank you.

Dan

# 2 26-10-2003 , 04:10 PM
Make sure your curves are closed (BP won't work if they're not) and if you're trying to bevel one closed curve within another, make sure you select the outer curve first, then shift-select the inner. If you're still having problems, post a small screenshot of the curves.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 26-10-2003 at 04:12 PM.
# 3 26-10-2003 , 11:02 PM
Thanks NitroLiq,

Actaully I never figured it out yet but I was following a tutorial on a nurbs car racing seat by Deathbrain, and he sent me a file of the curves and they worked. I should go back and see what I did wrong though so that way I won't run into the problem again. Thanks again for your comment.user added image

# 4 27-10-2003 , 03:31 AM
No problems. I was actually playing around with his "wheel" tutorial today but I must've messed up somewhere along the way....working with fillets/trims is killing me. I can usually get the first hole cut out but then crazy stuff starts happening. I'm going to try it again from scratch tomorrow and see what happens...if I still can't get it, I may drop him a line also. I think it needs abit more info.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 27-10-2003 , 07:23 AM
I have to agree with you about the more info part. It would would be nice to know what the settings were in the option boxes because if we ended up changing them for something else we were doing, and then not know what to have them set on for his tutorial, it can cause problems. I noticed that you can get really weird stuff happening with the fillets if you have the radius set too large, but I don't know. Good luck with the wheel tutuser added image