Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 24-11-2003 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
AH HA!! By George I think he's got it!!! Will make them smaller and nastier post haste. Cheers m8 user added image

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 17 25-11-2003 , 02:08 PM
user added image more renders!

I am not worthy!
# 18 25-11-2003 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber
Ah well I hate to disappoint my adoring fans... well fan user added image. Just about ready to go to texturing. need to add the teeth and that should do it for head modelling. Next step , the dreaded texturing. This is were it gets alot harder as i've done virtually no texturing before.

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 25-11-2003 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
That made a good amount of difrance !!!! cool job there..

Well, it was hard for me to get textureing started at first.. but it dose get better !! and it can be really fun. just the UV layout is a drag. becouse you spend a good deal of time doing it and you don't have much for visual satisfaction. Like prufe of your hard labber. Worth it in the end though.

# 20 25-11-2003 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber
Just for fun i've got a comparison image of the start and "end" model. If it taught me one thing, its that its all in the eyes.

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 25-11-2003 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
So much better!
Well done and good luck with the uv's!
Like Pony says, it can be tough but well worth the work you put in.

Keep it up!

# 22 25-11-2003 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the encouragement, its a great boost and much appriciated.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 23 26-11-2003 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
AAAAAARRRRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!! I've come to the conclusion that I MUCH prefer modeling to laying out UV maps. Major stressage and headache. Think I'll have a break and try again in the morning.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 24 26-11-2003 , 11:00 PM
Kevin
lonepig that looks great dude, looks a bit like the tut at ...dam I cant remember know - yep thats it (dave k - i think) in any case the wip looks great

# 25 26-11-2003 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
I'd just recently read the Hobbit Guy's tutorial before starting this, so yes I must admit that I based the modeling technique upon his guide. I have however tried to make it my own piece as opposed to a carbon copy of his.

If this is against challange rules i've no problem with dropping out of the challange.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 26 26-11-2003 , 11:08 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by lonepig
I'd just recently read the Hobbit Guy's tutorial before starting this, so yes I must admit that I based the modeling technique upon his guide. I have however tried to make it my own piece as opposed to a carbon copy of his.

If this is against challange rules i've no problem with dropping out of the challange.

no of course not mate--its great keep it up, Might have to pull you out of the noob categorie though mate if the rest of the model is as high a level as the head

great work!

# 27 26-11-2003 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the praise its most appreicated. As regards moving categorie i've no problem with being moved, would be a huge compliment, I classed myself as a noob because of the limited range of things i've done, pretty much only head modeling and nothing else. So i'm finding the rest of the challange very taxing. Altho I must admit i'm enjoying emmensly.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 28 27-11-2003 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
lonepig, yeah I understand about UV maping,, (hands you a bag with ice in it.. put that on your head or hand, which ever herts the most.)
If you don't mind.. how are you going about the UV map.. there are some hard ways.. and there are some really W@#$@ hard ways..

# 29 27-11-2003 , 01:13 AM
Subscriber
Am just playing around with the various mapping types, my books don't really explain it that well. Well to my way of thinking, 'm gona have a quick google to see if I can find a method that suits me better.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 30 27-11-2003 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber