Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-12-2007 , 03:42 PM

Dielectric Material Problem

Dunno why, but whenever I use a dielectric material in front of a solid shape, it gets distorted, but when I remove all of the other objects it works fine. Anyone know how to fix this.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 06-12-2007 , 04:01 PM
refraction. thats how real clear objects work. if there isnt anything behind it, there is nothing to refract.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 06-12-2007 , 04:29 PM
I get that, but is it supposed to make that wavy-look?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 4 06-12-2007 , 04:36 PM
looks like its an anti-aliasing problem, though i could be wrong. try increasing the render quality

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 06-12-2007 , 08:35 PM
that is refraction mate, turn off ray tracing.