Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-05-2008 , 02:39 PM
Subscriber

CGToolkit.the.Art.of.3D.Toons

hi

i just recieved my CGToolkit.the.Art.of.3D.Toons dvd today, however i cant seem to open any of the maya files, i think it may be due to the fact that they were created in a later version of may, 8+ i think, (i'm running 7)

can anyone of you guys please change the the files so it works on maya 7, i know you have to create an asci file or something,

heres the link, please i would be very greatful if anyone could do this,

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=C1ZRTOF1

Last edited by jali; 28-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.
# 2 29-05-2008 , 07:15 AM
Subscriber
hey jali,

you need tyo open up the files in wordpad or something, and whenever it says something along the lines of maya 8.0, change it to whatever version you are using. may not work if they have used a new tool or something that you dont have in your version.

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 3 29-05-2008 , 07:28 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by wod
hey jali,

you need tyo open up the files in wordpad or something, and whenever it says something along the lines of maya 8.0, change it to whatever version you are using. may not work if they have used a new tool or something that you dont have in your version.

hi

the thing with that is the files have to be an, maya ma file, howerver these are mb files thats why i need someone with a higher version of maya to do it for meuser added image

# 4 29-05-2008 , 09:12 AM
Subscriber

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 5 29-05-2008 , 10:09 AM
Subscriber
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:attn: