Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-06-2010 , 12:33 PM
Subscriber

building car with only polygons

Hey Guys!

I am doing my 4th car & as i 'm getting better i face new problems. The first cars was build like the simplymaya ferrari. polygon base & than convert it to subd & crease the edges. Unfortunatley on a detailed car its not a good method. You end up with 4million polys instead of 1million user added image My Pc is pretty strong but come on user added image ....4million

So i tried to make a car only with polys. At the edges I use the insert edge loop/ split poly to add more detail.

The prolem, I ve bump somtimes on the parts. It loses the shape as i put more loop on it. How should i solve this problem?

I built the car the less poly i could. I was thinking on the mesh/Smooth before adding the loops to the edges..

Is there any better way to make the side part nicer?

# 2 11-06-2010 , 12:52 PM
The thin red line
Hi Joey81
Could you post a shot this will help us understand better your problem..........dave

# 3 11-06-2010 , 01:00 PM
Subscriber
here is one. I tried to repair....
i need 2edges to ve the Intake shape. But after I need to separate them or something user added image if they go too close they make a idiot look if you know what i mean.
But separating this way make an idiot look too if you look the wire view.. I need to make it proper but i dont know how user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 11-06-2010 , 01:20 PM
The thin red line
I dont know if you need the edge going around the bumper if not you could split poly as ive none in red then delete the edge going round?.........dave

Edit:also try using the bevel tool for adding edge to corner this will give you more control on the distance apart the edges should be

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by daverave; 11-06-2010 at 01:33 PM.
# 5 11-06-2010 , 01:36 PM
Subscriber
thx, i ll try this

to loop does not go around. This front bumper is a pretty thin part originally , so i wont make the back side. No use. I wont move the part, so good to go user added image