Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-04-2003 , 08:57 AM

nurb surface display

How do I change the division U and division V nurbs surface display for the whole part, have looked everywhere in general editors-attribute spreadsheet but can't find it. Have lots of parts with complex divisions and really need to lessen them to increase rendering time.

Thanks, Marcus

# 2 09-04-2003 , 01:26 PM
select your model, use the keys 1, 2 and 3 to increase DISPLAY resolution.

Note: Display rez is not the same as you will see at rendering tho .. You can change the render resolution in the Attribute editor under tesselation settings.. Theres an option there where you can turn on the tesselation in the viewport so you can see how it will tesselate/triangulate your model during rendering.

Good luck

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 09-04-2003 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber
input history of the object in the channel box

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 09-04-2003 , 03:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
Other than that, you can Rebuild your surface (Edit Nurbs > Rebuild Surface > Options) with a specified number of spans in the U and V directions. Your geometry will undoubtedly shift, but that's normal. It may take some experimentation to get the look you want/number of spans ratio.

# 5 09-04-2003 , 07:17 PM
Subscriber
Not only that, but you can also insert individual isoparms as needed by choosing Edit Nurbs>Insert Isoparms. You'll want to set the options to "between selection" so your new isoparm will appear in-between the two isoparms you select. You can add as many of them as you want at a time.

# 6 09-04-2003 , 07:29 PM
The Maya Mountain
it sounded like he wanted to reduce them rather than add.

# 7 10-04-2003 , 12:22 AM
Subscriber
ahh so he did. Guess I got carried away.

# 8 10-04-2003 , 08:13 AM
cheers guys, I was having problems getting on the internet yesterday so couldn't reply sooner. Marcus