Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-12-2003 , 10:32 PM

how do i model a head with a mouth that can be opend and closed during annimaiton

1: I have made previous models with the mouth "sealed" but now I am working on a project that requires my charictor to be able to talk... so I need to know how to model a mouth correctly so it can be moved in annimation.

2: I also need to model eyelids that can open and close so my charictor can blink...

anny and all of your help will be greatly appreciated.

-Mike. (fire_master)

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 2 17-12-2003 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
Well it is pretty easy. All you need to do is when you madel the mouth you need to delete the faces in the mesh where the mouth will be so you end up with a hole now extrude the edges back into the mouth to create a throught. just make sure you have enough geometry around the mouth that it wont pull and stretch when you animate.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 3 17-12-2003 , 10:49 PM
Thanx joe!

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 4 17-12-2003 , 10:50 PM
now i just need to know how to make eyelids...

# 5 17-12-2003 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
same idea for eye lids also. delete the faces to create a hole edn extrude the edges to create thickness in the eye lid

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 6 18-12-2003 , 07:02 AM
The Maya Mountain
One thing to keep in mind is the geometry flow. You generally want to simulate the muscles of the face with radial geometry around the eyes and mouth.

# 7 18-12-2003 , 01:18 PM
Subscriber
Sometimes (particularly for low poly models or characters with deeply set eyes) the eyelids are modelled separately in a sort of Pacman type of shape. This simplifies animation and is easyer to work with because you get less distortion around the eye. However, on higher res models and certain types of characters it can look quite ugly.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP