Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-09-2011 , 11:26 AM

ncloth troubles

Hi,

Just wondering if any one can help, I am trying to create a sand bag draped over a horizontal cylinder using ncloth and not having much luck. I Cant seem to get the geometry to not intersect with its self, and if I do accomplish this it seems to sit above the cylinder I have been play around with thickness and self collide width scale but cant seem to find the right balance also I have been trying to fill the object with water so it has some volume ie sand but I am not sure if this is what I should be doing. Also I have noticed in some tutorials people triangulate there mesh I have just been smoothing it quite a lot to get a lot of resolution. What to do?.

I have attached a couple of pictures of what I want and what I have.

Thanks

Barney

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
# 2 06-09-2011 , 03:47 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 06-09-2011 , 05:32 PM
The thin red line
I think there a offset in the ncloth that you can change to get the meshes closer.......dave