Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-02-2003 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber

movie quality

hi, I've downloaded the free movies and I think I'll buy some points later on for the VIP movies.
However I wanted to know if their quality is about the same as the free ones. I found it a bit hard to see some details (eg: letters) and the sound wasn't very good either (too much bass often).

Is this also with the VIP movies?
thx

# 2 22-02-2003 , 02:52 PM
SM Tea Boy
Perfect sound and video would be MPEG2 @ around 700meg for 30 minutes (or MPEG4 @ around 700 meg per hour) now as most people wouldn’t or simply couldn’t download this much data if you take the monster head video you would need to download around 8 Gig of information to watch it something that’s just not practical for most people, as to the quality of the VIP videos ill let our members answer as im bound to be bias.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 22-02-2003 , 02:53 PM
Kevin
the vip movies have improved a lot since the first free ones and getting better all the time, ask anyone vip member of the sound quality of mikes latest ones

# 4 22-02-2003 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
plz visit: https://www.interactivetrainingcd.com

I bought the cd for studio max there, it contains more than 3 hours of video with audio and fits on 1 CD. It has great quality, so maybe you guys can do that too.
I'm sure it would be appreciated by more people than just me.

Now plz don't get a wrong impression of me here, I really do like your movies. I just wanted to let you know that there are better ways wich don't take up too much space at all.

# 5 22-02-2003 , 06:51 PM
Kevin
thx for the link. We are happy with the quality we are currently producing user added image

I have just downloaded the demo which is 1.11 mg for 24 secs!

If it was going on cd then no prob!

# 6 22-02-2003 , 08:21 PM
actually.. the compression for that video would be horrible for the web... if my calulations were correct... then for for every half hour of video, it would take up about 86 megs of space!

# 7 22-02-2003 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
Do you all use freakin' modems here?
<100 MB doesn't take that long to download. I got an avg speed of 85 kb/sec while downloading the free movies.

Kevin, could you please spare the sarcastic insults for future clients.
thx

# 8 22-02-2003 , 08:56 PM
Well.. you have to take into consideration, the cost of a website with bandwith and the webspace and all... That and not every single area even has access to cable modems.

# 9 22-02-2003 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
I have some of the free tutorials and some of the VIP tutorials and they play just fine on my machine.

Both video and sound are of good quality in which I can learn from the lesson without straining my eyes or ears.

No complaints here.

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 10 22-02-2003 , 10:20 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by d24e
<100 MB doesn't take that long to download. I got an avg speed of 85 kb/sec while downloading the free movies.

thx

Hi d24e

Yes at this time there is still a very large population on 56 modems.

And please accept my apologise if you feel I was being sarcastic, it wasnt meant to come through like that and looking at my above posts I still cant see what I said that has offended you...

but sorry never the less.

Ok...

dbirider had some very good points:

1. The files would be to big for the vip area, and on the cds we will have some really good quality divx. This will be ok as we have more mgs to play with
2. If they where that big in the VIP area then we would have to charge more as our bandwidth would sky rocket.
3. We are now happy with the quality that we are currently getting. Myself and mike worked on different settings for a month and are happy with the size to quality ratio, but I appreciate your input.

many thanks

# 11 22-02-2003 , 10:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
If we were to make the vids 100 mb.. then I'm afraid I'd be no longer able to make vids for you guys, as I am also on 56k modem.

And before everyone bombards me with "Get DSL!" posts, neither DSL or cable is available in my area. If it were, you can bet I'd have it.

I also cannot afford to move at this time. user added image

# 12 22-02-2003 , 10:59 PM
Subscriber
I am aware of many people using modems, but I really don't think they will even begin to think about dowloading all these video tutorials.
When I used such a modem, my limit would be files of about 5 MB.
Do you mind explaining a bit more about those CD's? Perhaps I'll just buy those instead of points to the vids if they have much better quality.

oh btw: the sentence I found a bit offensive was this:

"thx for the link. We are happy with the quality we are currently producing

I have just downloaded the demo which is 1.11 mg for 24 secs!"

Sounded to me like you were just saying: "We don't give a shit about what you like, we'll keep doing it our way. So plz, stfu"
ofcourse I may be wrong.
no hard feelings I hope, keep up the good work!

# 13 22-02-2003 , 11:05 PM
Kevin

oh btw: the sentence I found a bit offensive was this:

"thx for the link. We are happy with the quality we are currently producing

I have just downloaded the demo which is 1.11 mg for 24 secs!"

Sounded to me like you were just saying: "We don't give a shit about what you like, we'll keep doing it our way. So plz, stfu"
ofcourse I may be wrong.
no hard feelings I hope, keep up the good work!

No not at all mate! I wasnt being offensive at all. Of course I care what my members think. Without the members simplymaya would not be here.

I think it just wouldnt be cost effective for us or the vip users for only a little quality gain compared to size etc..

Yep sure on the cds...they will be capured as raw AVI files then converted to high res DIVX format. So they will be a high quality

# 14 22-02-2003 , 11:11 PM
SM Tea Boy

thx

A very large percentage of people that use the web use 56k speeds or slower we try and cater for everyone its somewhat of a compromise, the video for interactivetrainingcd.com is encoded to fit on CD it would roughly triple the size of the movies we offer for download its not practical for us to do this, more than 50% of the people that use our site are on dial up connections and a large percent of cable users are capped, if you want better quality ether wait till we release on CD / DVD or go somewhere that caters solely for broadband customers.

Sorry but as i say its a compromise

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 15 22-02-2003 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
well ya, that sounded obvious.
what I'd like to know is: what movies will be on them? the VIP movies or others? Are they also for beginners like myself? When will they be available for purchase?