Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-10-2002 , 11:12 AM

That NURBS Sphere does not want to be selected...

Hi everybody... It's Sunday morning, I should feel relaxed and everything and, instead, I'm getting mad because of a NURBS sphere. I'm trying to complete the "Poly Head Modeling Tutorial" by Dave Komorowsky... Up to now, I managed to solve by myself the little problems experienced during the frist steps of the tutorial. In this moment, however, I have to surrender and ask to you to kindly explain to me the oddity I'm having with a NURBS sphere in my scene.
I created it as follows:
Create -> NURBS Primitives -> Sphere.
It comes on the screen already selected (of course), I can immediately move or modify it as long as it is selected.
However, if I unselect the sphere to do something else on some other object, the wireframe of the object becomes black (and not blue like all the others) and, no matter what I do, I cannot select it anymore!!!!
I really do not know what's going on... Any Suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Avoosl

# 2 20-10-2002 , 11:31 AM
Oh... "£$X%&... solved this one as well! I've two layers in my scene that I set up so to restrict the selection of the objects assigned to them. I dunno why, but any newly created object is now automatically assigned to one of this layers. Can someone at least explain the reason for this... just to know!
And... since I'm here user added image ... could you please adivise about a good tutorial, guide or indepth analysis of the Hypeshade functions of Maya? I think the attribution of materials in Maya is very complex... at least to a newbye like me! Too many options and settings that make your navigation in this part of the program anything but easy...

# 3 20-10-2002 , 02:40 PM
Supreme Being

# 4 20-10-2002 , 02:40 PM
Try the one located at this site, It´s made by a member of this forum, and a d*mn good one at that.

https://mtmckinley.net

# 5 20-10-2002 , 11:48 PM
thanks a lot to everybody! I will give it a look immediately!
Cheers...