Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-04-2005 , 01:03 PM

[help] bump mapping

i've done it before, but can't get it now...

i've taken a source image of a brick wall, and made two versions, one color, one b+w for the bump map. i selected the color one for the color attribute, and the b+w for the bump mapping attribute. when i apply it all i can see is the color applied, but no bump.
it's a lambert applied to a nurb square, if that makes any difference. should i make two lamberts, one for color, one for bump or something?

if anyone knows what i'm doing wrong, or knows of a handy bump mapping tutorial i'd appreciate it. thanks.

# 2 28-04-2005 , 01:13 PM
nevermind i think i got it, if i render the view i can see the bump map. i could have sworn there's a way to do it so you can see it without rendering the view...

# 3 29-04-2005 , 06:13 AM
I think you can get the bump without rendering if you go to Shading>High quality renndering

From Noob to you...