Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 03-09-2005 , 07:24 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Rick

Missed this one. Excellent work dude!! I would say the best Ive seen you do so far.

Hope ya good anyways!!

Jay (Formerly known as Jango)

# 32 03-09-2005 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
I really like the glocks. They have a cool feel with those rectangular body.

# 33 04-09-2005 , 09:37 AM
Subscriber
ive never held a gun, cant even remember the last time i saw a real one (not on tv or in shop windows)

# 34 04-09-2005 , 12:31 PM
Subscriber
Thats sad...........there fun.

# 35 05-09-2005 , 04:13 PM
Jay, thanks. How is it going?

MattTheMan, thanks I am sure you could go through life without ever seeing one and be fine but I love to shoot and I would hate to lose the right. It does take responibility to own one.

vedic kings, I am not a vegitarian but I agree.

Turbo Dan, They are fun but if you own one you do not have another place to keap it.

alienscience, I agree. My favorite handgun has to be the Walther P99 though.

# 36 05-09-2005 , 06:05 PM
Man just 2 weeks ago i was out camping(the adirondack mountains in my back yarduser added image), and i fired one of my friends .357 Magnums.. now theres a gun i want to model.. but man no way to reproduce that sound... BAM!

All in all excellent model.

And for the record not all americans shoot anything that moves.. Ive only fired maybe 3 guna in my life and i come from military family so i had higher access than others... But in all honesty marksmanship is great fun.

Oh and my high school has a competition shooting team.

# 37 05-09-2005 , 06:21 PM
Subscriber
lol kool, yeah, id like to try shootin stuff, i think id be good at it user added image

# 38 05-09-2005 , 06:29 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Rick

Yeah pretty good, still going strong at 'Outlaws', busy texturing 4 characters right now before rigging. Got back from the States last week from vacation so feeling good and ready to face it all again!!

Keep well dude
Jay

# 39 05-09-2005 , 11:06 PM
twisteddragon33, I .357 magnum is a hand cannon. Those are fun to shoot. Big boom. I fired a 44 mag a while back and now that is over kill. I never fired a 50 cal. pistol which is a deferent round than a 50 cal. rifle but it is huge. The 44 pushed me back.

matt4068, It is fun but firing a pistol is a lot harder than people think. Most people the first time they shoot have a hard time just hitting any part of a target at 25 yards. It take time and practice to get good. A rifle I am thinking about gettting is an AR-15 or civilian semi auto M16. The 223 rounds are relatively cheap. The gun is lights, comfortable and acurate. It is also very easy to clean. You can put all sorts of aftermarket sights and parts on it to make it better and more suited to you shooting style. The round is a lot smaller than you think it is but very fast. They have very little kick. You could put you rounds on target fast and easily. That is one problem with the AK or SKS. The round is bugger and has a longer range but the time it takes you to get the next shot off and acurate is about 50% longer. They are so fun to shoot but are also very loud.
By the way I have a gun safe that is bolted to the wall from the inside of it and lock up my fire arms. I do not take them out unless I know someone knows gun safety and I will NOT go shooting with anyone I do not feel comfortable with.

Jay, Nice. I would love to see your new work as soon as you can show it. I am glad things are going well for you. I have a year left of school and then it will be time for me to get out in the market full time. I did just finish work on a pepsi commercial that aired in China. Maybe as soon as I can I will post a link to it. Take care.
Rick

# 40 06-09-2005 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber
ive shot an air rifle before, was prety good with that, cud shoot candles in half at about 20 metres

# 41 21-09-2005 , 07:32 AM
Subscriber
That glock looks amazing - and nothing wasted in the mesh!

Why don't you do a proper gun however, like an SA80? user added image

# 42 24-09-2005 , 06:45 PM
Niiiiiiice model, man. Egads, that's nice.

I'm actually planning to work on a Ruger P90 (qualified as Sharpshooter with that gun. Now if only I owned one to actually be able to spend a day at the Range once a month... Sigh.) and try to get it as realistic as possible, but with my current level of ability, it isn't going to happen. :/

# 43 26-09-2005 , 01:13 PM
take a look at Blowling for columbine.. Americans dont kill each other cuz they have guns.. they do it cuz they are programmed to be afraid of theyr neighbours...

in canada they have allmost 1 gun for every person still in a 6 milion city they have 1 crime/ year

so go figure (they dont watch TV user added image)

RickStefani you are in a 3d school i reckon... how much 3d did you do before the school?

that gund looks cool for 1 week... the model wouldnt have been the problem for me.. more the shading and texturing.

I`m watching YOU!
# 44 26-09-2005 , 02:58 PM
matt4068, air rifle can be fun too.

alexfinbow, thanks. The SA80 is one of my favorite looking rifles.

lighter, lets see it. Thanks for the kind words.

IIIQIII, thanks for the kind words but you might want to check the true numbers for anything Michael Moore says because he likes to mess with people.

Canada only conciders murder one a homicide murder. If it was murder one and the person lived it would be the attempted. Other crimes with guns were people were killed or injured it would be under assault if the sole reason for the occurence was not premeditated murder. Here is a chart from 2003

Attached Thumbnails
# 45 26-09-2005 , 03:17 PM
:rant: bah! i say ban all handguns no one really needs them (please dont try and tell me that you do it's all crap!) (and please dont get me started on civilians owning automatic assault weapons "for protection" no one needs to own one of those!!) I'm all for marksmanship registered gun clubs etc and I have had a great time clay pigeon shooting but people having handgunsin their houses is crazy. You know it's still big news in the UK if someone is shot to death... we have *very few* (comparitively speaking) gun related crimes simply because guns are harder to get a hold of and not even the police carry them... :rant:
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB