Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-07-2006 , 08:23 PM

new mech just for the battle haha

Yep this is to go against tadpoles because I really didn't like the other one haha so think of this as an upgrade and 13th resident it got alot of goodies to it to tear it apart, I have claws to grab when close range and also like a gatling gun arm with two laser guns and missiles that come from the top of the mech when it opens the missile pods and wheels that pop out at the bottom to move on roads easier and a turbine engine in the back to make it go faster when on road, highway or street as well as electro magnetic shield to keep the bullets from coming in haha, I'll take some more renders for everyone to see whats it's armed with. c&c are always welcomed user added image

first pic in MR
user added image

second pic in MR but lighter
user added image

third in vector for a cell shaded type of look
user added image

bigger pic of the first and second pic
https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...z0/mech4-1.jpg
https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...z0/mech5-1.jpg

# 2 14-07-2006 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
that looks really cool!! i like it a lot, lots of detail.

# 3 15-07-2006 , 02:57 AM
thanks, i was going for a cool look but i coulda done better but i kept it within 7 days haha and thats why the turbine engine looks crappy but heres some other pics of the weapons. i have to show the shield thing under and the missiles

heres the guns

user added image
user added image

heres the laser guns
user added image
user added image

heres where the missiles come out of (i'll take a render of the missiles in there user added image)
user added image

turbine engine
user added image

# 4 15-07-2006 , 07:59 AM
Subscriber
one of the nicest mechs ive seen

very big and bulky looking

First year 3D Grad
# 5 15-07-2006 , 09:33 AM
thanks turbo dan user added image, big bulky and strong muhahaha. i took some shots of the missiles and front and side shot to show the wheels that pop out when on road and also 3 shots of the electro magnetic shield generator lol.

ok heres the shield generator
user added image
user added image
user added image

heres shots of the wheels for on road maneuverability
user added image
user added image

and heres the missiles that shoot out the top
user added image

# 6 15-07-2006 , 11:51 AM
Subscriber
awesome nightz. i think his arms should have a slight likeness of dr. octopus in spiderman 2. what i mean is that it'll be cool if he can stretch his arm 10 meters or so. or maybe it can already do that..hehe. this is just the thing to confront tadpole. lol.
another thing. if you ever lose your legs he will still be able to fly around and shoot. cuz your boosters are on the pod type of thing and not on the legs.

how about backup.. your previous mech that you made in your other thread could be just the thing.

now we just have to wait for tadpole reply on this. hehe.

how bout a name for this nightz?

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 7 15-07-2006 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
oh man :headbang:

# 8 15-07-2006 , 03:56 PM
Subscriber
doc oct arms! thanks 13th pres! oh and i turned on the flames, if your robot gets to close *crack* straight across the face or sencers of what ever they are :attn: woot!

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 16-07-2006 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber
Cool model. I like the desighn but one thing that bothers me it the couloring. It is a bit too dark because so you can't see any detail. Good work though user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 10 16-07-2006 , 05:09 AM
haha yeah i should do that 13th and a name? haah you can give it one because i'm bad at naming things. haha tadpole got the arms i see and a flame thrower lol tahts good but i'll see wat i can add to beat that user added image . thanks some guy and i'll try some lighter colors because it is too dark haha.

# 11 16-07-2006 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber
yea i'm gonna fix my textures to to make it green or sumin the blue is a bit to user added image

# 12 16-07-2006 , 08:29 PM
oh tadpole this baby is fireproof haha and hey i liked the blue on your mech it looked good but i need to change my color too to make it lighter haha heres something lighter someguy, i tried a grey like look and a white one and oh 13th i added some doc oct like arms hahaha thanks for the suggestion user added image .

ok heres a vector one large size at the link and 640x480 shown
https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/nightz0/vec.jpg
user added image

ok heres a grayish color
user added image

and heres a lighter look, one large size at link and 640x480 shown
https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...z0/bigoct1.jpg
user added image

# 13 16-07-2006 , 10:45 PM
Subscriber
Cool. I like the greyish coulor most. Those arms look really good user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 14 18-07-2006 , 05:01 AM
thanks i'll stick with that color and those arms user added image.

# 15 20-07-2006 , 08:11 AM
Subscriber
sorry i havent got into this thread much but i have been trying to get into college so i have been busy creating a demo reel but i got in yesterday and the guy recons i could finish his year long course by christmas :attn: but now i'm focused, fireproof hey? what will i need? hey here's a good idea i'm making a new robot to smoke your a** (since yours is fireproof i don't thing i could smoke it but you get where i'm coming from) mouhahahaha........