Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-11-2002 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber

maya messed up

after some playing around i wanted to render something. i go to render menu, good. BUT there was no render menu ??????? user added image

rebooting did not help either. so i go save my projects in different folder uninstall and install maya again. did windows mess up maya or does maya mess up on its own? somebody else had missing menus before?

# 2 25-11-2002 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
oh no, i somehow managed to mess only one file up that steals the render menu. now i have to model the landscape again user added image

but i still dont know how that could have happened user added image

# 3 25-11-2002 , 05:49 PM
SM Alumni
heard somthing similar to this happening when people install the mray 1.5 beta. obvisouly not relavent if you havnt installed it, but if you had then thats probably why. Shame i didnt see the post before because there is a fix which would have saved you reinstalling user added image

# 4 26-11-2002 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
ok, thanks for the answer - yes i have mray beta installed. i just deleted the corrupt .mb file and everything was back to normal.