Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-03-2007 , 02:06 AM

Lamp and bowl

Hi this is the best lighting and render iv manged to get and want to move on now to increase general knowledge of maya although i may come back to it.

all crits and advice is most appreciated.

cheers

Robinuser added image

Attached Images
# 2 24-03-2007 , 02:09 AM
one more..

Attached Images
# 3 24-03-2007 , 04:44 AM
Jr.Who
Good job, but the background isnÕt looking very good.user added image

# 4 24-03-2007 , 10:31 PM
cheers. i wasnt really worried about the background it was just there to provide an environment, simply wanted to get a decent model of the lamp and get the lighting sorted.

i will probably go back some time and stick it on a desk and put some stuff on the walls.

thanks for taking the time to reply

robin

# 5 25-03-2007 , 03:05 PM
Hey man, nice little scene!

Think that with some work on the background and a tweek of the shaders it's got the possibility of looking really good.

Looking froward to updates when you get back to it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 25-03-2007 , 05:11 PM
cheers

what tweeking of shaders do you suggest? the lamp shade is simply a translucent lambert material, the base is a reflective blinn to get a metalic sorta feel.

I have lit the scene with a single point light with drop off, situated inside the bulb, it gives off the yellowy light.

il stick it on wooden table and make the walls look like walls with something on them!

thanks for the input

Attached Images
# 7 26-03-2007 , 08:09 AM
THe mental ray render looks much better! I like the luminosity of the lamp and the reflections of the base! KUTGW!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...