Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-09-2007 , 11:21 PM

sss tut

Hi guys, hope u can help me, im following a sss tutorial, i have follow everything but in my render cant get this soft shadows in the floor. look how in the first pic on the floor u see some red like blue soft light, I have seen this effect in some video of renderman for maya, some option call color bleeding I think, but In cant get this result, so hope some of u guys know what im missing

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-09-2007 , 12:57 AM
is Global Illumination turned on? that should so the trick, but it adds alot of rendertime

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 10-09-2007 , 05:15 PM
Hi, no is not that, I turn it on in the render settings and also in the light atribute editor, but nothing, also i have the tuts scene, and dont have GI turn on. dont know what it is. One more thing, the material for the floor in the tuts scene looks like have something, because if I create a lambert and assigned to it, and then render, dosent show up the soft red and blue shadows, only with the original material, hope i make my self clear.

# 4 10-09-2007 , 05:17 PM
I forgot to tell that dosent show anything in hypershade