Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-11-2016 , 09:32 PM

Flow Path Object - shoots off path at end

Hello!

I did some brief searching on this forum for an answer as well as trail and error now for about 3 hours and I'm in need of some assistance.

Making an auto belt and the flow path object shoots off the path at the end of the animation (pics below). How does one go about fixing this? I've tried-

Changing my pivot of the object
Changing size of FFD
A slew of random clicking in the options for Motion Path and Flow object path.
This page on the forum - https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37862

Nothing seems to do the trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

user added image
user added image

# 2 10-11-2016 , 11:58 PM
The thin red line
for memory (long time) I think you need to tick inside ffd file, inside the ffd node........dave

# 3 11-11-2016 , 02:48 PM
I believe I've already attempted your suggestion. If you'd like to take a look at the scene file you can download it below-

Maya 2016 Binary file. I'm also sending this off to some friends with more experience with Maya than myself to hopefully get a solution. I will continue working on this on my end.

Many thanks.

Download link (weTransfer. It's safe and credible)-

https://we.tl/3VUlGgIMYR

# 4 11-11-2016 , 05:59 PM
Got it working... I'm not happy with what I had to do though.

I modified the path so it looped around three times as opposed to one solid loop. this allowed me to get one revolution out of the belt before it decided to fly off into space. Then I cut out that section of the motion path in the graph editor and repeated it post-infinity.

Less than happy having to do a complete work around like this to get something that should be so simple to execute working "correctly". If any of you come up with a better solution please let me know as I'm sure this won't be the last time I have to animate a belt looping around a flywheel.