Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-03-2003 , 08:24 PM

INFO about you guys.. :-)

hello everyone,.. :bgreen:
I just wanted to know how long have you been using Maya or any 3D generating software. That's just to know how am I doing so far.
Oh, and one more. Paste you best work you've done... and stuff.. user added image
thanx a lot guys.... :banana:
user added image

# 2 09-03-2003 , 09:06 PM

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 09-03-2003 , 09:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
Maya user about 3 years, graduated from Collins College in Dec 2000.

Easiest to post my site as well. user added image Link in sig. I've got a couple things around the WIP and Challenge boards.

# 4 09-03-2003 , 09:33 PM
thanx guys.. :banana:
looking forward to get more posts...
:banana: :mingun:
:yipee:

# 5 09-03-2003 , 09:37 PM
I've been using Maya for about a year now, but I have been doing 3d for almost 10 years. 7 years of 3ds max, a year of Softimage, and some time with various other 3d packages. I don't have a lot of work that I can show, but you can see some older stuff on my website (in my signature). Most of my recent work is either covered under NDA or more a technical nature so it's not that exciting to look at. I've also been spending more time teaching and art directing than actually producing art lately. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 09-03-2003 , 09:44 PM
WoW!!!
dannyngan !!, gosh I love that turtle of yours.. user added image
and Radio Control Racers, DAMN.., do you know for how long I played that game?? ... for 3 months at least!!.. (usually I finish with the games in 1 or 2 weeks)
way to GO..
thanx

# 7 09-03-2003 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber
ello,

I started maya last year. Used the learning maya book. When I finished that I lost interest and stopped until a couple of months ago I started again and thanks to this site have really got interested in becoming as good as my ability(or lack of user added image ) will allow.

Entering the comps really gives you summat to aim for and keeps your interest (well mine anyway) going!!

My best bits - this months robot comp, and I have a screwdriver in the finished work (exciting subject matter ey!!!)

cheers

Rich
# 8 09-03-2003 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
I used 3ds Max for about a year (actually I spent most of that year playing gamesuser added image ) and am really using Maya for a few weeks now. January, february I had no book, so mostly read some in the help files and did the help file turorials.
Here's some of the stuff I did in max, my first 'project' in Maya you can see in the WIP forum called polygonal goblin.

Edit: sry, I've been using maya for 2 weeksuser added image, last week before I got the book (savvy) I did the poly Giraffe turial. Not that exciting though.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>

Last edited by d24e; 09-03-2003 at 09:57 PM.
# 9 09-03-2003 , 09:54 PM
great work mate, in such a little time?? I like it.. keep it up user added image

# 10 09-03-2003 , 10:01 PM
Subscriber
I have used FormZ a little, but it was all for school work at the shool of architecture in Oslo.

I started using Maya last summer, aobut 9 months ago, and I still have a lot to learn user added image

I am now reading about programming, and hope to get some insight into Maya and who knows, maybe I can write MentalRay shaders in the future. The book is about MEL and C++.

I am not a professional! user added image But I am pondering to maybe make a living out of it.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 11 09-03-2003 , 10:01 PM
Subscriber
thx, I did the lego animation (you see the car being built by flying legoblocks while the guy stands next to it, very neetuser added image) with primitives in about a month, mabye 2. The droid lasted more than a year, but like I said I spent most of the time playing games. I think it took me a total of 3 months actually making it. That was done with surface tools (kinda like simplified NURBS)

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 12 09-03-2003 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber
Ive been using maya for just over a year now. Was part of my course learning requirement but has now become a hobby and (hopefully) someday a profession. I am currently busy upto my neck with my final project, which is why i havent been able to take part in any of the challenges thus far user added image . Trust me, when i say upto my neck, i mean seriously busy - im 6 ft 4 lol

I'll post some of my project WIP when i get some more done...and when I get some goddamn time!! user added image

# 13 09-03-2003 , 11:53 PM
thanx everyone, however, I'm still waiting for some more... user added image

# 14 10-03-2003 , 12:02 AM

Originally posted by LSphinx
WoW!!!
dannyngan !!, gosh I love that turtle of yours.. user added image
and Radio Control Racers, DAMN.., do you know for how long I played that game?? ... for 3 months at least!!.. (usually I finish with the games in 1 or 2 weeks)
way to GO..
thanx

Wow, someone who actually knows and has played RC Racers. Excellent. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 15 10-03-2003 , 12:19 AM
Simply Maya OG
Ive been using Maya since last August. Its just a side hobby right now, Im just trying to get thru (high)skool, and working. All my work Ive done is on my site(also in my sig).

- Hybrid