Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-04-2003 , 01:54 AM
Subscriber

Tournament#1 - Sign Up - 8 person

Hey, this will be an 8 person tournament! So saying that it will have 3 rounds, at 1 week a piece. What you have to model is the following

Round 1:
Model a small creature with small limbs and just the creature with no accessories, naked.(like a critter of some sort)
Style: Open (Polys, Subd's, nurbs)
Textures: Optional (will help)
Length: 7 days

Round 2:
Model accessories for your critter (Harness, armor, built on guns etc.)
Style: Open (Polys, Subd's, Nurbs)
Textures: Yes

Round 3:
Model an enviroment for your critter (Sewers, Jungle, Cave etc.)
Style: Open (Polys, Subd's, nurbs)
Textures: Yes

Now, the first 8 people to post and say "I will compete in tournament#1" (or along those lines) will be the competators. If within 2 weeks there are not 8 people aquired yet, then this tournament will be cancelled or redesigned. Hope theres a lot of competators user added image.

BTW, please read the tournament rules that are in the battle arena forum before entering. Thankyou user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 21-04-2003 at 11:40 PM.
# 2 08-04-2003 , 06:13 AM
Subscriber
i will compete in the tournament
hehe number 1 seed user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 08-04-2003 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
I will competete in tournament#1

and can i get a sketch of what i am supposed to model??

as for one week, i have a lot of time after that for doing the other challenges.. well.. what can i say..

# 4 08-04-2003 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
Thats the thing, that is up to you user added image, but if you mean.. can i go and find a refrence that i did not do.. SURE user added image. Its the model that i care about. Anyways, remember braam's creature for the futuristic model comp.. thats kinda what i mean, or something like a gremling if you want to go more organic, or just a furball.. its up to you, cute, organic, or a robotic creature user added image. Thanks for joining you 2.. hopefully we will have more competators and this will actually take off user added image.

# 5 08-04-2003 , 02:33 PM
Subscriber
oh oh oh .. i get it .. like those miniatrue robots

# 6 08-04-2003 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
And they dont have to be robots either, anything small and weird... like, its hard to explain, just dont make a full sized robot.. almost like a baby version of anything user added image.

# 7 08-04-2003 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
Heres an example user added image

user added image

# 8 08-04-2003 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
Oh what the heck.. I need more modeiling experience.. I'm In user added image

God Bless you and 3D
# 9 08-04-2003 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
i know matt... i decided to model a small robotic version of a bee or some sort of insect that has... (have to check my enty in the tournament)... is that ok???

# 10 09-04-2003 , 02:05 AM
Subscriber
Yep, sounds great! Hopefully we can get 8 people though to join.. its been kinda slow. Just letting you know people... 3 have joined, there are (hmmm... 8-3....4.. no....) 5 places left user added image. Join when you still can, if you join now.. i will even throw in a free post :O. Lol, j/k.. lets just hope this takes off.. i think it could be fun user added image.

# 11 09-04-2003 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
hmmm... make an announcement in the Members Lounge... i bet you will find sign ups, the next second

# 12 14-04-2003 , 11:49 PM
Hello, guys

I´d like to sign up. Haven´t modeled in quite a while.

Regards,

# 13 14-04-2003 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
Wonderful! Ok, so there is 4 so far, we could run a 4 person tournament, but 8 would be wonderful! Anyone that has already joined or see this, you can talk to others on the page if you want and try to get them to join user added image. And for the competators so far, in 2 days if there are still not enough people, this tournament will start with 4 user added image.

# 14 15-04-2003 , 12:34 AM
Subscriber
Adl is in it and his sig said something about no wimps allowed so I'm in. how could I resist. wouldn't want to be known as a wussy ! although I might just model a WUSSY !!.. LOL
muhahhaaa

thats 5 can we go with just that many if need be ??
and M arnt you going to be in it also ?? looking farward to it..

# 15 15-04-2003 , 12:41 AM
Subscriber
Well, if you guys dont mind (seeing i will probably get booted out first round anyways).. then i will join user added image. So, I'd like to sign up! "why certainly M".. user added image. Anyways, ok.. 2 more that we need. And to answer your question, no.. we cannot just have a competition with 5 or 6..as you need to figure out if it will work out to 1 person remaining. So, 2 could join (regular battle), 4, 8, 16, 36, 72, 144 user added image. Ok, but yea, it works like that. It will make a lot more sence once i can get the ladder up and running user added image, (as soon as the tournament starts).