Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-07-2004 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber

Anime Style CG

Hello All,

After browsing through the net I came across some of the renderings from Xenosaga and really liked the Cg style of anime they did. Being an anime fan and a Maya fan I wanted to try out this style of CG. I've tried to look on the net about learning this style of CG. However I've found little to no recomendations or advice that would really help.

I find that the basics of the body are the same as normal the only real differences are in the face. I've tried a few experiments, my lack of experience not withstanding, but they've all turned out pretty badly. I was wondering if anyone at Simplymaya has tried to make anime CG before and if they had any advice.

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 28-07-2004 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
couple a week ago is some dude that was able to do that...can't remember who...but try to search trough the forumarchive...

# 3 17-08-2004 , 10:32 PM
Technical Director
Megaman did an impressive one.

I am currently modeling a anime/manga type character. It is in the WIP section, and its called Rpg char. If you pm me, or give me your e-mail, I'll send you a good ref of a anime girl.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.