Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-10-2002 , 08:41 PM
Subscriber

Howdy <--- The New Guy

Howdy...
Wow, what a great site! I downloaded all the movies, and have yet to try them out. But they look awsome...
Im very new to maya and of all the tutorials I have ever read, none have them model anything from subd's, but it looks so much better than NURBs or Polys... i cant wait to get started on those this weekend.
Im considering paying for the VIP, because I think it would be well worth the money... Its like paying for one of those expensive books, but I learn better from video - someone actually DOING the project, not talkin about it afterwards...
One question though: Like I said, Im new to maya. Ive had it for a few months and I know the basics.. Is the VIP section good for me? Or will I get lost on all the videos? Is it for moderate users, pros, newbs, or everyone? Nothin worse than buying somethin you cant use. Thanks. =]

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 2 11-10-2002 , 08:46 PM
SM Tea Boy
Hey welcome to simplymaya :-) The VIP area is set at the moment for beginner to intermediate levels of Maya but we will be adding more advanced material as time goes by.

Enjoy the site

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 11-10-2002 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
Yeah? Well then... I think its about time to pay up. I think the 3 month deal is a lot better than the 1month trial, cause Ill probobly be around longer than a month.

To get the money... Now where is my dancing monkey and harmonica?!

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 4 11-10-2002 , 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Oculus
...cause Ill probobly be around longer than a month.

I'll bet on that. This site is just simply addictive user added image Btw, welcome aboard.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!

Last edited by kbrown; 11-10-2002 at 09:45 PM.
# 5 11-10-2002 , 09:08 PM
Kevin
Hey mate..welcome to the site! I have seen a few posts here from you already..its nice to see a new member posting.

If you need to take a look whats available in the VIP area go here: https://www.simplymaya.co.uk/subscribe.shtml

And we have some really easy tutorials in there to some more advanced.. but get stuck and there is a "subscribers questions" area where your querys will be answered as quickly as possible.

once again thx for joining the fastest growing and best maya site on the net user added image (says me)

# 6 11-10-2002 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
Welcome aboard Oculus, this place is amazing... and it being addicting is an understatement.... I'm here everyday to check the recent posts. I come here, more than checking my email.. dang that's right gotta check my email now.

Good to see here.