Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 136 09-06-2006 , 11:02 AM
Subscriber
Well you can either do a Polygons --> Smooth which will increase the geometry. You can do thins to either the whole object or just certain faces depending on what you want (this will also help keep certain areas sharp) or you could do Edit Polygons ---> Normals ---> Soften / Harden which will change the look of the edges. So it will keep the geometry in shape but just give the edges a sharp or soft look.

Hope this helps.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 137 09-06-2006 , 11:16 AM
OK, I understand that meshsmooth adds geometry but do I have to do this to seperate face selections or do I add smoothing to groups of faces and edit in the attribute editor. It just seems that Max has an advantage in this respect. I have used the smooth function, but it doesnt seem that nice when I render. Is there a way to add one meshsmooth and have it recognise different regions and edges or do I have to do as I have mentioned above.

Malc

Somedays you are the pigeon, and others, the statue
# 138 09-06-2006 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber
As far as I know that the only way. You could add more edges to make it sharper when you smooth.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 139 09-06-2006 , 11:23 AM
Thats true, but as I said chamfering edges on a complex model is a pain and very time consuming. I cant believe that maya does not have this feature as a lot of the work I see has hard edges while still being smoothed (possibly due to a lot of small chamfers!!). Hopefully, with the aquisition of maya by discreet, we will see some improvements that will accomodate this and other features.

Somedays you are the pigeon, and others, the statue
# 140 09-06-2006 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber
Might be worth one of the other senior members chipping in and seeing if there is another answer but as far as I know there isn't.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 141 09-06-2006 , 11:26 AM
Subscriber

Well done!!!

There is alot of learning still to be done,
don't give up ever! it is much better than your first attempt bro. you learn as you make mistakes and the more you model, the better and more efficient you'll become. I proud of you for not giving up.
Work on the eyes, brow and cheeks more too...
as for almost every character it gives it a unique personality. the Eyes are "windows to the soul"
from there you can make any character look wimpy, confident, evil, good... blah... you name it.
Coming along well!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>
# 142 10-06-2006 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
here are some pics not sure if I am going to for this ..trying to get frong view some more definition and side view some more . i cant figure out how to work the cheek area ..let me know if I should keep it or not

Attached Thumbnails
# 143 10-06-2006 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
side view

Attached Thumbnails
# 144 10-06-2006 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
front view so you can see definition

Attached Thumbnails
# 145 12-06-2006 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
man that looks mean and i mean mean lol.., your a guy who just wont give up and all the better for it too, wish i had your patince, maybe when uni finishes this week i hope, but your an inspiration my friend

had another look, looks down right evil user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 146 13-06-2006 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
okay some pics with little horns I put on ...any C and C will be welcomed ...

Attached Thumbnails
# 147 13-06-2006 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber
another shot ....not posting wire but will if needed ..redid geometry on alot of spots ...cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 148 13-06-2006 , 05:59 AM
turn 90 degrees the eye, if i'm seeing corectly, the point has to be in, cause if you ever texture him it will cause trouble.

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 149 13-06-2006 , 02:45 PM
Subscriber
okay will work on that ...still going to work on it alittle more but almost finished

# 150 13-06-2006 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
Are you just going to do the head or can we expect a body?

Optical Minefield
My Blog