Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-10-2006 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber

curves are locked in some axises and can not be edited

hello
I have this bad problem about creating and editing curves...
sometimes when I create a curve in one of the views other than perspective, the curve appears to be locked in one of the 3 axises. means for example I can not move the curve point in Y axis or X.
why this happens?
can I do something about this?

thanks alot

rsh
# 2 05-10-2006 , 01:04 AM
ummm.... is the lockup occuring outside of the orthographic view? If it is, then you have a real problem.

If however, the planar lock is happening while creating the curve inside one of the orthographic views, that's supposed to happen. its so its locked into a single plane. Actually helps make cloth panels. I don't know if you can disable it, but I wouldn't really want to, anyways (check preferences). If you want to make a curve that moves in three dimensions, try using another view in conjunction with that.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com