Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-01-2007 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber

MANIPULATOR TOOLS

Hi folks,

I'm having the following problem with my manipulator tools in maya8.
1.The rotate tool only appears in the top view it does not appear in the perspective front or side.

2.the scale tool only appears in the perpective view.

The move tool appears in all four views.It's possible that I may have disabled some of the settings without knowing.I would be very grateful if anyone could explain in simple steps how to get all manipulator tools to appear in all four views.

Many thanks.Munny.

# 2 09-01-2007 , 10:56 AM
Try reinstalling your graphics card drivers, that usially solves the problem (or you might need a new graphics card if you've only jsut started maya as it might not be up to scratch)

Cheers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 10-01-2007 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
thanks gster,

I'm using a matroxg400 graphics card which is about six years old.This problem with the manipulators does not happen in maya 4.5.Does this shed any more light on the problem and perhaps highlight more clearly exactly what steps to take?

Many thanks ,Munny.

# 4 11-01-2007 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber

MANIPULATOR PROBLEM

cheers gster,

updated drivers for graphics card.Problem solved!

Munny.