Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-07-2012 , 10:40 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Renderman_first Slim_Shader

Hi Guys

I mistakingly put this in the gallery thread ( wasn't looking properly)
So I am doing a repost here:

Hope everyone is allright
Well this is the first renderman shader I made( model was provided by FXPHD, not made by me, I just did the shading)and I am quite happy with it

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-07-2012 , 11:29 PM
Lifetime Member
Looks good Mastone, nice job. How did you get the rust look?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 10-07-2012 , 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Hey, not bad man! The teeth shader is letting down that sexy metal a lot though.

- Genny
# 4 11-07-2012 , 05:10 PM
@Bullet: Thanks, the color(variation) of the rust is done by a spline(a ramp in maya) and is driven by occlusion, so that the rust only appears at the "occluded"( Ie hard to reach) places.
To randomize the appearance ( so that you don't get a hard edge-rust and no rust area's) a float spline was used
@Gect : thank you, maybe he has only 1 brush and chose to keep up with cleaning his teeth instead of his metal user added image

# 5 11-07-2012 , 11:22 PM
The Nurb Herd
Hey, looks cool. Nice work. did you raytrace the occlusion?

# 6 12-07-2012 , 12:34 AM
Lifetime Member
ahhhhhhh cool, must learn that technique!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 13-07-2012 , 06:23 PM
@Honest: Thanks and yeah it is raytraced occlusion..took 28 minutes to render this baby ( could probably be a lot faster if I baked stuff down)
@Bullit: well I say give renderman a try then, you'd be surprised at how qickly you pick up the basics.
Even more so because you don't have a miljon rendersettings and once you get more into it, you"ll really appreciate the Renderman API...it's really powerfull, much more so then Mental ray or Vray ( not saying that they are bad, they just start with predefined shaders, whilest with Renderman you can create anything)