Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-11-2003 , 12:39 AM
Subscriber

HELP!!! UV's move when character is animated!

OK I have NEVER seen this and I have NO clue what my co-worker did but when the charatcer I'm working on is put into his pose frame all the uvs move into that pose and completely go whack O_O.

here's a screenie of what happens... anyone know how to fix this PLEASE O_O

user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 2 10-11-2003 , 04:49 AM
The Maya Mountain
woah, funky. I've not seen that happen when using file textures before, only with procedural. Not sure if the same solution will work, but try creating a texture reference object under the Texture menu in the Rendering module.

# 3 10-11-2003 , 11:06 PM
3dgurl,
This is off topic, but I was curious if those red lines behind the character are curves that you have made to control the rig? Did you do the wing skelly and rig too?

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 4 18-11-2003 , 03:06 AM
Subscriber
Hay there.. has this problem ever bean fixed ? Really I would like to recreat this. I am in need of makeing some textures deform.

# 5 20-11-2003 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
HAHA well, we figured a "problem" such as this could come in handy for some sort of chrome or liquid type character hehe. I havent been bale to chekc these forums as often as I was able to previously do to my work load increasing and such. I will try your suggestion McKinley =)

In regards to the rigging yes the red curves are part of the rig setup and the wings were rigged using the rigging tut for a bird by Alex Alvarez.

I believe this tut is available on www.highend3d.com under the maya tuts section under rigging/animation.

I will update you guys soon as I can.

# 6 21-11-2003 , 11:27 PM
Subscriber
OK texture ref object didnt work >_< any other suggestions?

# 7 21-11-2003 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber
you know it is posible to key frame UV points on the UVmap... this could be your problem. serch and distroy animation curves for the UV's if this is the case.

# 8 28-11-2003 , 09:47 PM
Your UV set is after the skin cluster in the inputs? If it is, you'll need to move it to the bottom of the inputs.

If all employers are only looking for people with x-years experience, how the hell do those of us with none get some.
# 9 24-12-2015 , 01:20 PM

Your UV set is after the skin cluster in the inputs? If it is, you'll need to move it to the bottom of the inputs.

I know this tread is very old now, but it comes up on Google if you are searching for help with this issue.

It does seem to be the UV input being above the Skin Cluster input. I could not move Skin Cluster, so instead I deleted its node and re-binded the skin. That way it is now above my UV inputs and the UVs stay put when animating!

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue!