Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-10-2004 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber

Change color based on time

Hi all,

I have a little question here: I need to make a bunch of buttons cycle through a number of colors over time.

I have some foggy notion about setting up a ramp containing the needed colors, but I don't have even the foggiest notion about how to get any information about the current frame number.

And even if I get this time information: how do I normalize it to propperly access the ramp?

How do I achieve this?

Seems that the question is not that little, eh?

Thanks anyway,

Mario

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 2 23-10-2004 , 03:48 PM
The Maya Mountain
Probably could do this a couple of different ways.

The easiest way, probably, would be to simply keyframe the color information and then cycle the animation in the Graph Editor. This method doesn't use a ramp.

# 3 23-10-2004 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
Er...well...should think before I post.

I Just added a 'time' attribute (ranging from 0-1) and used this to access the ramp.

I needed to do a number of different flashy buttons with different colors and a different cycle timing, that's why I put all the color information in a ramp. That way, I could change colors and timing just by pushing the ramp's colors around a bit.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!