Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-03-2005 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber

Un-smoothing?

Is it possible to un-smooth a model other than to undo.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but at several points whilst altering the facial model I'm working on, I smooth the polys to get a feel of what the eventual outcome will looke like, can I from this point say, apply colours and tweak it a little to suit then un smooth it, back into polys to further the model?

I know I can smooth proxy which will leave me with the mesh and the smooth version, but I like to switch between wireframe and shaded modes, but this changes the smoothed model to either wireframe or shaded. when I switch between shaded and wire, I really want the smoothed version to stay as a shaded/rendered smooth model.

If you can understand all that I'll be impressed though if you can offer some kind of help and input it will be greatly received

# 2 03-03-2005 , 12:20 PM
there should be a node under in channel box when you select your object which hold the smooth options, play with these, i dont have maya on this computer so just look for somthing in your history where you can change the divisions to 0.

# 3 03-03-2005 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Laurie, that worked a treat user added image