Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-01-2007 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber

Cartoon Dog

Here is the first model that I've actually finished, hah. I watched the tutorial a few weeks ago and thought I should actually do it. Sure the render isn't that great, and I just played around in photoshop pretty briefly since I've never painted UV's before. So yeah, tell me what you think.

user added image
user added image

- Shawn

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited..." - Albert Einstein, 1921
# 2 27-01-2007 , 03:51 AM
Subscriber
very cute puppy! looks a little mean at the same time??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 27-01-2007 , 04:57 AM
Subscriber
Mirek,

Yeah, I didn't spend very long in photoshop to paint him. I was more or less experimenting with it. In my future projects I'll go for more of texture as well. But the eyes are dark because an image I got on the internet of a cute little dog had super white/gray hair with really dark eyes. Heh

- Shawn

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited..." - Albert Einstein, 1921
# 4 27-01-2007 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
definietly cute with those big eyes user added image i reckon you could smooth some of them really hard edges/bumps...

marlon

# 5 28-01-2007 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
Hey it looks good, i still haven't done this, and I probably should to get the basic idea of how to do a four legged animal (for my camel project) and so that I can do a model of my dog.
I dont' know if I should pet this dog or not though he looks a little mean. Like a cute junkyard dog, haha.

And did you by any chance get the name dynacorp from the show south park when they were trying to get their gamesphere back and had to keep transporting towelie? Just had to ask.