Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-03-2003 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber

Shock & Awe

Recently I've been really enjoying the threads from "caligraphics", and sorta inspired me to start a head model. Tell me what you think?

# 2 26-03-2003 , 06:24 PM
Subscriber
Another

# 3 26-03-2003 , 06:31 PM
It look like a friend of mine.

<a href="https://www.boygirldesign.co.uk">My Business</a>
# 4 26-03-2003 , 06:35 PM
some reference you could use.

<a href="https://www.boygirldesign.co.uk">My Business</a>
# 5 26-03-2003 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
lol, totally.. thats wierd I do see some resemblance.

# 6 26-03-2003 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
Hehe... cool BillyZ.

Add nosethrills and eyelids. That will help alot. The eyes are might too far from each other. But that may be the look you wish.

Im not sure about the teeth. They looks like the're done in a hurry, but they kinda looks ok to me at this stage. You might wanna change 'em later. Maybe caligraphics can make us all a tut about the cool teeth he're creating ;-)

Kühl
# 7 27-03-2003 , 07:02 AM
Teeth tutorial :

1. Get a girlfriend
2. Get married
3. Make her pregnant
4. Wait 9 months ... (I still have to wait 14 more days)
5. While waiting, tell her to open her mouth and start examining her teeth.
6. Tell her to stop whining and complaining over having your fingers in her mouth for 30 mins.
7. Cound the front teeth (should be 3 sharp teeth for biting, and 3 or 4 for chewing - that is 1/4th of the mouth)
8. Create the two types of teeth using CPS (1 for biting which is sharp and 1 for chewing which is flat)
9. Copy them around and modify them slightly (none of the teeth are exactly the same)
10. after positioning the teeth, rotate and scale each tooth slightly to get a more "random" look)
11. ehm.. recieve a beating from your wife because she claims that her teeth are prettier than that!!!)

Seriously, its just to make them all a bit different, and I think my aim in this is to (opfordre... what the devil is that called in english??... oh yeah ... encourage) ..sorry.. is to encourage people to examine stuff closely. Pictures, Real Life studies etc.. reference material is the key.

anyway, your model is looking great - and I'm looking forward to see more.

Maybe you should make the wrinkles in his forehead go into his forehead instead of out - and also perhaps make a few more of them.

Good going and cheers ..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 8 27-03-2003 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber
LOL @ caligraphics

thanks for the tips. and congrats on the baby though. your wife sounds cool. happy for you. she has to be understanding to go 30 minets of teeth exam.. (snickering) but hay thats just what I would have done! it is after all art your making!

# 9 27-03-2003 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
Hehe caligraphics - danish humour when its best ;-) (uhm... pretty good after all ;-))

Kühl