Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 08-11-2004 , 10:23 PM
Subscriber
But fcheck can only save an image squence as another image squence and not as a video such as mpg.

# 17 08-11-2004 , 10:59 PM
The Maya Mountain
Right. Sorry, thought that was what he was asking for.

# 18 09-11-2004 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber
Thank ckyuk, thats what I was looking for.

# 19 05-01-2005 , 06:43 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
glad you like it guys.

BTW, DrMayanstein, maybe the Mac version has Quicktime, but my PC version doesn't, so can't comment on how well the quicktime output is. I do know that the .avi output is crap.

i don't seem to be having a problem with avi
i just finished the fire ring tutorial and then added a spin to it by adding a camera that would fly into the ring
came out ok for my first hand at it. i rendered the avi with a setting of production quality after that i imported it into my wave video software and changed it to an mpeg2 looks good it does need tweeking but am happy with results.
One note tho in creating the movie next time i will definately remember that 30 frames a second rule and that is allow the viewer time to take in what is being shown i didnt the first time and the scene was over tooooo fast.
TY izzy i believe for the fire ring tut. and you too Mt. for the movie tut.
wooof!!!
p.s. i will try to make a small version of the movie in real player producer to give you a taste of what i am doing altho quality may diminish greatly. Question if its small enuf can i post it in WIP????

# 20 24-07-2005 , 11:35 AM

Learning Information

SIR ,,

MY NAME IS JAWEED , FROM DUBAI(UAE)
I AM INTRESTED IN MAYA 5, I HAE INSTALLED MAYA5 IN MY COMPUTER.. I DONT KNOW HOW TO LEARN AND BASIC,I AM WORKING IN GRAPHICS .ADOBE ,AND FLASH,,NOW I AM INTRESTED IN MAYA5 PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I LEARN ..EVERY DAY I AM SITTING IN MAYA5 ATLEAST 2 YEARS AND SURFING IN THAT.. I DONT KNOW ANY THING HOW TO OPERATE A---ETC . PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILS OF MAYA5 AND HOW AND GIVE ME U R CONTACT CELL ARE PHONE NO AND U R CURRTEN EMAIL ID

MY:-EMAILID- jaweed_java@yahoo.com
jaweedubaid@hotmail.com

Attached Images

md.jaweed

# 21 04-11-2005 , 12:07 AM
For top quality for compositing it seems like you should:

1) Output as image sequence in Targa
2) Open Quicktime Pro (if you buy it) and click I believe its file->load image sequence
3) Load you images... if you open just 000 if I remember correctly it should load ALL the images in correct order.
4) Export the movie as Movie with "Millions of Colors +" as the setting.

That will allow you to have a movie with an alpha channel to use in Adobe After Effects. (Great quality, and the film is already keyed out accurate to whatever level antialiasing you chose)

# 22 13-11-2005 , 10:47 AM
thank u..i couldn't render a movie till i saw here..u r excellent...

...Lebleby Corporation...

# 23 28-11-2005 , 03:16 AM
what is the diffrence between maya software, and hardware renders??

# 24 21-12-2005 , 12:58 PM
how use to network render? i have SXSpider? i can not work this program. help me guys.

# 25 15-03-2006 , 03:50 AM
Subscriber
maybe someone can help. my computer is stopping rendering where ever it feels. today I rendered for 400 frames and it rendered only 185, the i rendered from 186-400 and it stopped at 245 now322 a cople of days ago it rendered the whole 400 no problems. theres 2 gig of rAM??? It.
's rendering now and IT only knows ehere it will stop. I might do the, make a new scene thing and ee what happens.

take it easy and life will be easy

# 26 30-03-2006 , 01:40 AM

video isnt working

it seems the video the first post included got only sound and no images, its probably a problem on my side since no one complains....

I tryed with last winamp version and with Windows Media player, winamp had sound but no video, WMP couldnt even read the file....

# 27 30-03-2006 , 03:05 AM
The Maya Mountain
you may need the latest divx codec

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since it is pretty old topic. If there's any questions, feel free to post them in the forum in their own threads.