Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-08-2004 , 11:23 AM

Chrome Shader

Hi ..
i am i modelr but not good texturer .. can some one tell me .. how can i make i good chrome shader ? ?i iwant i good reflaction in my shader ..some thing like a mirror
thank you

Mr_Flamenco™( the Man Who Summoned By Mankind)
# 2 11-08-2004 , 03:33 PM
make sure you have raytracing turned on in the render globals. Also make sure reflections are turned on in your material (i reccomend a blinn). if you want to ad fresnel effect you can fake this by mapping the reflectivity with a ramp shader that varies slightly (from black to very dark gray) so that it's more reflective when you're looking at it edgewise.

you'll have to play around with the options a lot to get it just right. for a good example to deconstruct look on highend3d shaders for "silver shader".

have a nice day

ben

# 3 11-08-2004 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
# 4 14-08-2004 , 07:41 AM
Thank you very much guys i really aprecite you work and help user added image

but i got what i want with some experementations

just make the reflectivity value 1 and specular color white

and the color middel gray which is hue=0 saturatuin =0 vlaue=0.5

of your blinn shader user added image and here it is user added image

a great thanks for your guys user added image
have nice day

Mr_Flamenco™( the Man Who Summoned By Mankind)