Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-09-2004 , 04:23 PM

Orc captain

Im new to maya and have been doing my first head - i havent used any tutorials so far but will when i get stuck with something user added image
Anyway - enjoy and please post feedback user added image

p.s i know that the join between the ear and the head aint good but im a noob so give me some slack user added image

Attached Thumbnails

jus jimmin
# 2 01-09-2004 , 08:30 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Stu

Front view please??

_J

# 3 01-09-2004 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
Funky looking character user added image
Since your new on this forum let me give you a tip, when it comes to head modeling always listen to Jango, he is a real medicine man user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 4 01-09-2004 , 08:44 PM
Hey RC

Thanks!! Hows it going? I'm busy this end on my project, done 4 pages already. I'm real pleased with it so far. Lots of late nights though. Might post a teaser again. Web site should be up soon (he says again) but will keep you posted!!!

_J

# 5 02-09-2004 , 12:23 PM
front pic of orc
note : added neck - low poly for the moment

Attached Thumbnails

jus jimmin

Last edited by Stu-ster; 02-09-2004 at 06:54 PM.
# 6 02-09-2004 , 09:27 PM
Hey Stu

I think one of the problem ares on this are the eyes and cheeks,
I think you should look at some reference of some orcs and really study whats going on in those areas, I think the mouth also needs a tickle here and there.

Get a mirror and look at your own features, pull some faces and see what areas do what and you'll get a better idea of your facial anatomy, which is important whether its an orc or a human head, especially the eyes/eyebrows where theres lots of compression of muscles going on there. Also look at the difference between a man and a womans brow ridge, a mans is a lot lower than a womans, also the woman eye area is a lot smoother too.

I know its a first head model and I can appreciate how hard you are trying as it can get extremely frustrating at times. Also concentrate on the face itself at this stage and make it as best you can and then worry about the helmet, teeth and other details later. Oh yeah, get plenty of reference too, you can never get enough of that!!

_J

# 7 03-09-2004 , 10:17 AM
thx alot for the advice jango - lol ive found out that my model is actually closer looking to an Imp than an orc , and alot of the compression of muscles was intentional user added image - it was meant to make him look like hes perminently angry/evil and like hes not had alot of food and that hes extremely skinny but it seems it didnt work lol

jus jimmin