Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 23-09-2006 , 04:07 AM
HI! I've created the first sculpture... modeling would be too hard for me, so photoshop helped me with that... user added image

Done with txture+bumpmap+displacementmap ...

user added image

also textured the poles...

user added image

ciao S3rj

# 32 23-09-2006 , 04:50 AM
Subscriber
looking sweet if a little clean

but brill model

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 33 23-09-2006 , 05:18 AM
Im going to add the right texture later...

now I create textures from toe to head, so to say user added image

started with the bottom floor near to the water ull see tomorrow what ive done user added image

# 34 24-09-2006 , 02:22 AM
Soooo.... cant see the caribbean-water anymore ... and replaced it by ugly dirty water user added image

also created first part of the fade from water to the left house... and on the small bridge

enjoy...

user added image

# 35 24-09-2006 , 04:59 AM
Subscriber
lloking cool
2 things i notice are
the boat doesnt look like its floating to me
2) in the archways/doorways the textuture looks stretched

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 36 24-09-2006 , 05:42 AM
Subscriber
hey S3rj_T4nKi4n,
looks marvelous my friend. love the updates when they keep coming...

i just compared both of them and i noticed that with your picture there isnt much ripples in the water as your reference picture.
(you dont have to add them in, i just wanted to point it out user added image)

cheers ... marlon

# 37 25-09-2006 , 10:47 PM
Thx for the comments user added image

@pbman

I didn't texture that part actually, or just put a normal texture over the hole building.

But thx for that with the boat Ill fix that ...

@marlonjohn

yeah ur right atm the water surface is totally flat user added image I didn't fix this jet...

# 38 28-09-2006 , 09:07 AM
Here we go again...

added this figures left and right of the bridge ... some more bumpmaps and a better dirtfade.

and actually a lot more dirt everywhere user added image user added image

The fog was created in PS

user added image

# 39 29-09-2006 , 10:19 AM
Update user added image

fixed a lot texture-mistakes and changed some bump-map-values

now Im gonna add detail to the small bridge and the boat...

user added image

Bye S3rj

# 40 29-09-2006 , 11:59 AM
simply amazing. you're doing quite a fantastic job... one question i do have, though, is how far back does your geometry actually go before you use an image plane for the buildings in the background? (i'm assuming you are, cause if you modeled it all, that's a little too time consuming for my tastes - even though it looks wonderful)

Accept no substitutions.
# 41 29-09-2006 , 01:54 PM
Hehe thx user added image

actually it is modeled everything, but the last buildings in the background have images as textures with bumpmaps...

but I also created real windows in the tower on the left and modeled the roof ...

I can give u some renderings out of bird perspective, when Im back at work user added image

# 42 29-09-2006 , 02:10 PM
You modeled all of that?? Thats great. I like the fog.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 43 29-09-2006 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
wow it's turned out super cool but one proberlem, and it's only small but the lighting on the arch is 2 bright, it's the shadows on the heads the light seems to be coming from above the middle head not from the sky
i only noticed it because it looks so realistic, i have never seen such photorealism befor. can i use this render for my college course? i need works that have inspired me and i would like to include this, with your permission of course :blush:
and i also could do with knowing your name and why you made this but the why you made this aint to important

I love maya
# 44 30-09-2006 , 12:59 PM
Ive just made this scene incase to let my skills grow ^^

I work .. atm just for 10 month ... for alphadog ... www.alphadog.de if u want to know more about us ... Im going to study grafic design in hamburg next year after this. but I got such a good position here so that Im coming back after I finished my studying.

they need 3D competence here user added image

I just started maya 1 year ago... and Ive all the time to improove my skills here... I learn a lot photoshop but all I know about 3D I got from books and Internet user added image

Ive started this work, cuz I found the reference pic at google and thought it would be an challenge user added image user added image ... so I decided to start this project... later on my boss said to me, that I have to finish it, till its perfect user added image so its gonna be on their homepage on the cgi category ... user added image user added image user added image

so it is...

and ofcourse u can use my pic to show around user added image it doesn't last long, till its finished I think ... maybe u can still wait some?

Greeds S3rj

Thx for the comments so far user added image

# 45 01-10-2006 , 05:32 AM
Subscriber
sweet cheers and i can wait i have ages left til i have to finish this report, take you time and do it right :p

I love maya