Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-06-2008 , 05:17 AM

Batch render&movie problem

OK, i made a smple rig, and made an animation with it. The animation plays perfectly fine within the maya window. But for some reason, when I try Render-> Batch Render, Batch render opens, but nothing else happens...nothing. Yet it does not crash. Second, can someone tell me how to export an animation/movie? I really have problems with this... user added image
^For this question, please don't direct me to a video tutorial...I have a 5 meg limit for donwloading one file... (Please don't ask why (PS: I read the stickies))
and second, if possible have it as text on this website.
Thank you in advance!

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 2 26-06-2008 , 05:50 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
are you rendering single frame images or trying to render an AVI?
the thing is not to render as an AVI

Also keep the script editor open when you fire off a batch render, you can see the progress, it may take a while for the renderer to kick in on some occasions, its a bit like it for me on somedays, Maya can be a bit cranky, its like an old cantankerous man on days LOL

Jay

# 3 26-06-2008 , 06:14 AM
Thank you so much Jay!!! :attn:
I really love this forum. Glad I came across such a helpful community.
user added image

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 4 26-06-2008 , 08:37 AM
Did it work then?

LOL
Jay

# 5 26-06-2008 , 08:51 AM
Yeah, I thought it was some bug when it wasn't doing anything for a few minutes...
Thank you!
:bow:

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 6 26-06-2008 , 09:25 AM
Excellent, no problem

_Jay