Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-04-2011 , 11:19 AM

blendshapes

Hi i seem to done my skinning before my blendshapes which the blendshapes will override the movement of the jaw. Any solution or i have to redo it??

# 2 17-04-2011 , 10:07 AM
Just change the deformation order. select your effected geo, hold down right mouse button and go to inputs > all inputs, a menu should come up listing your deformations. Just middle mouse drag to swap them about so the blend shape is done before the smoothSkin

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 18-04-2011 , 09:53 AM
I clicked my basehead to select all inputs but i got a error

// Error: Object 'row1' not found. //

what is it?

# 4 18-04-2011 , 11:42 AM
Ah this is a maya 2011 bug, its a confusion when maya lists the deformations when there are layers in the scene. It might be fixable with a hotfix from autodesk as a permenant solution.

Try deleting the layers in your scene and trying again?

The issue is in one of mayas scripts detachHistoryTable which is called to populate the inputs of the GUI.

You can get around doing this by manually changing the deformation order with mel using reorderDeformers node1 node2 node3 tweak1;

Or just delete your layers and see if that sorts out the problem, if it doesnt you might need to import your maya scene (without layers) into a fresh scene to remove any trace of the layers. Though this is not best practice by any measure.

A permenant solution would be to alter the detatchHistoryTable.mel to remove the unwanted items from the list. Though be sure to back up the original script before you make changes as altering scripts incorrectly can bugger up maya.

The script can be found in scripts/others/detachHistoryTable.mel
and there will be a chunk of code that looks like this:
tokenize( $all, $list );
$n = size( $list );

change it to this:
tokenize( $all, $list );
string $items2remove[] = {"SEPARATOR"};
$list = stringArrayRemove($items2remove, $list);
$n = size( $list );

I dug that up from autodesk, basically the layers add enteries to the list of deformations called "SEPERATOR" all theis script does is perform a boolean operation on the list to remove all of the enteries that have that name before the size check is done.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 18-04-2011 , 04:00 PM
thanks, i will try that user added image