Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-11-2003 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber

surfaces disappearing after attach

Ok I can't figure this out i went to create a recess on a surface by inserting isoparms detaching the surface scaling the detach piece down a bit and using loft to create a recess.

Now I want to attach the pieces back together but when I select the surfaces and hit attach they disappear. I tried deleting history prior to this whole procedure and even before the attach but i get the same results

why? and how do i fix this?

Grayth

# 2 15-11-2003 , 04:46 AM
Subscriber
to fix this, select the exact isoparms of the 2 surfaces that you want to attch and then hit attach. this willt ell maya that these 2 isoparms are exactly what you want to attach and your surfaces will not disappear.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 15-11-2003 , 05:02 AM
Subscriber
thanks it didnt work with attach but your solution did work with attach without moving, go figure....

Grayth

Think Twice Split Poly Once